Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 4/16/2010 6:44:07 PM EDT
Mine is too short because I'm starting to get rash on my cheek because i have to put so much pressure down on my cheek to get a clear view. What is your height from either 1. base of ring to bottom of scope tube, or 2. base of ring to center of scope?

I'm looking at Burris Xtreme tactical extra-high that is 1" from base of ring to bottom of scope tube.

I have a MKIII Bohica with standard bushmaster 6 position stock, i know its not safe stock to use.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I use "high" burris XTR rings on my mk 3.  Works well for me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a MKIII Bohica with standard bushmaster 6 position stock, i know its not safe stock to use.

If you are worried, a zip tie should hold the lever closed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the 30" Bohica upper and I put a Nightforce NXS 8-32X56.  I'm using the 3/4 inch Nightforce rings.  I must say that I am impressed with them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#4]
mine is 1/2 inch, I have moved the scope back a inch and half and its much better, changed and moved another half for a total of 2 inch back and thats much better. so i will leave it as it is now and see how it goes. Almost put down a order on a burris xtr 1 inch. would probably have been too high.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm using High XTRs also (actually the HIGH Super Sniper rings which are a generic of the XTRs).  I would switch out the stock, you can probably trade out equal for a A2.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top