Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/4/2012 6:45:48 PM EDT

what pouch is this on his alice pack? and can anyone tell me where i can find this pack? ive been searching everywhere but i cant find one with the fastex buckles.

thanks guys

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:00:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:34:42 PM EDT
holy smokes! $620!!! wow. thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:27:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2012 9:29:37 PM EDT by GuyKeefer]
I was gonna say it looks like a small tan ALICE pack with a SAW pouch on the side.

Edit: Looked at the link, that's pretty much what it is except it's a medium sized pack. Since it uses MOLLE pouches, just buy a tan ALICE pack and whatever pouches you want with ALICE MOLLE adapters. Probably could do it for less than $200 depending what/where you buy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:52:40 AM EDT
Check out Tacticaltailor.com. They have tons of mods for your ruck, and even new packs if you need. They'll even replace all they fasteners with the exact clips you mentioned. Check em out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:26:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By preditor556:
Check out Tacticaltailor.com. They have tons of mods for your ruck, and even new packs if you need. They'll even replace all they fasteners with the exact clips you mentioned. Check em out.

This.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:50:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GAshooter11:
holy smokes! $620!!! wow. thanks

Of course.....they are selling them to the govt.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:39:57 PM EDT
Interesting. . . From their website-

Included Components for the CSAR RUCK:

1 ea. medium sized (ALICE) pack container
2 ea. removable external pouches, MOLLE rigged
1 ea. removable external kidney pouch, MOLLE rigged
1 ea. waste belt assembly with lumbar padding
1 ea. jump harness with COBRA assembly buckles

No wonder it's so expensive - it comes with some fancy HSLD toilet.

~Bill
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:16:04 PM EDT
If you really want to go with a ruck... First check your local mil surp store. I was in mine today. I found a small Alice, with frame, fastex clips, and blackhawk improved shoulder straps...$89 the pack was in pretty good condition. If you want a high speed low drag pack.... Buy a $600+ ruck sack. If you want a good pack at a decent price... Get a surplus Alice pack and tune it up. It's way cheaper, and still a heck of a pack in the end.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:02:50 AM EDT
I wonder if the people selling an alice pack to the Govt for $620 are related to the people sellin the Govt $16 muffins at a conference.
Top Top