Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 8:03:46 AM EDT
I find myself in unfamiliar territory.    I have always been very knowledgeable on guns and such,  but I am just getting back into these "black" guns after a very long absence.
I now realize that I never really knew enough about them.  I lubed with some MILSURP products
I bought at a gunshow.  I never had any problems,  but I never kept any long enough to run
more than about 500 rounds through.   I had little money,  so I had to sell a gun to buy a new one.

Now I need help with what lubes to use,  and where do I put them ??

Thanks
Good Shootin!!
DarryH
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#1]
FAL's don't take much.
i go per the FN manual which states to:
LIGHTLY OIL: (i use gunslik for exclusively on my FALs & all 4 run 100%)
-inner surface of carrier
-bolt
-lower surface and carrier groove of receiver
-BHO

LEAVE DRY:
-gas cylinder & plug
-piston & spring
-barrel, chamber
-outer surface of carrier, front of bolt
-mag catch
-sights

this is the condition i go to the range in. exterior treated w/oily rag to keep rust off. after cleanings i leave them a bit wetter in the gas piston area but swab prior to taking them out.
my .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top