Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2016 2:54:14 PM EDT
as the title says, I have two sig sauer p220 dark elite pistols. I bought a 45 octane suppressor, and want to buy some sights that will allow me to see over the suppressor. the LGS has sig factory suppressor sights. ( I believe they are sig sauer sights). will standard suppressor sights clear a 45 octane?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
as the title says, I have two sig sauer p220 combat elite pistols. I bought a 45 octane suppressor, and want to buy some sights that will allow me to see over the suppressor. the LGS has sig factory suppressor sights. ( I believe they are sig sauer sights). will standard suppressor sights clear a 45 octane?
View Quote

I have the same setup but with an Osprey .45 and those Ameriglow sights.  They just barely clear the top of that suppressor, so I don't think they will quite clear the Octane .45.  

I wish SIG would come out with an extended (maybe 5.5"?)  P220 with threaded barrel and machined for an RMR...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always thought the threaded barreled Sigs came with suppressor sights, but can't find that on the website.

Can't answer your question, but will say that a lot of people find regular sights work well and you just look/shoot "through the can". Since Sig sights cover up the target anyway, it isn't a big difference.
If you haven't already shot it (do you have the can or is it in NFA jail?) I'd shoot it first before spending money on sights.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the sig tall night sites on my factory 220 combat TB. They clear all my 45 cans great, (Octane 45, 45k, Osprey and HEMS2)
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the sig tall night sites on my factory 220 combat TB. They clear all my 45 cans great, (Octane 45, 45k, Osprey and HEMS2)
View Quote

thanks !    suppressor is still in jail. but I definitely want some sights that will see over it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top