Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/7/2004 8:52:42 PM EDT
is there any way to bypass the participation of the shooting match requirement?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:53:47 PM EDT
CCW permit, C&R FFL.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:02:22 PM EDT
Instructor certification will also do it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:02:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gotm4:
CCW permit, C&R FFL.

What he said.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:40:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Terrato:
Instructor certification will also do it.

+1 I'm a NRA pistol instructor. I just had to send the CMP a copy of my instructor credentials (along with my CMP affiliated club membership) and I was able to purchase from them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:40:37 PM EDT
It was way easy for me. Got into GCA ($25 for the year), had a CCW permit, filled out paperwork, had it notarized and had my Rack Grade Greek in hand in 18-20 calendar days. In fact the hardest part was finding time to get it notarized. I was working for USPS as a temp, and I was pulling all kinds of hours. But, it is happily living with me now. I just need time to get away from school and more money for ammo.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:44:06 AM EDT
The simpliest way would be to find someone who has purchased one from CMP then buy theirs for a few extra bucks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:16:53 PM EDT
I've got a valid CCW from a different state than the state I live in. The CCW is from Montana, I'm now in Maryland (NO chance of getting a CCW in Maryland)
I have applied for my C&R FFL.
I received an NRA certificate for "first steps pistol orientation" and a certificate for "NRA home firearm safety course" as part of my CCW 'training.'
Will this suffice for a CMP Garand? Or am I reaching for this one?
Also what is GCA?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:53:50 PM EDT
Check out Gunbroker, you can pick up Garands for about $600,
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:35:55 PM EDT
Garand Collectors Association. P.O Box 7498 N.Kansas City,MO 64116 Dues are 25.00 per year.
Top Top