Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 11:56:03 AM EDT
So I would LOVE to get some "formal" night vision training.

Im on the east coast so whatever it is needs to be on this half of the US
I check out TNVC and Telluric, which are the classes I would like to go to the most but they all require "formal" intermediate or advanced training (according to the website) prior to even a night defender 1 course (entry level night course) that is coming up this May that I could probably make it to.

I look at telluric's site and there are no upcoming rifle courses. All the magpul courses are on the west coast and theres nothing I can find on this half of the us.

A few years ago I took a carbine class with a local instructor who was retired mil/cop/ccdw instructor and wasnt half as good a shot as most of us. Basically we paid money to show up and shoot paper and practice reloads and roll around on the ground with 10 other guys which I do at my own ranges at home on my property without paying someone.
im not claiming to be some operator, but im certainly no rookie when it comes to running my firearms.

those of you that have been to the night courses what "route" did you go through to complete the formal training requirement.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
have you checked out Tactical Response?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out Pat Goodale at Practical Firearms Training.  They are in Lewisburg WV.  I've taken classes from them a number of times and they are good to go.  PFT
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

im not scary enough to go to one of his classes, there are some concepts I dont really agree with as well.

Quoted:
Check out Pat Goodale at Practical Firearms Training.  They are in Lewisburg WV.  I've taken classes from them a number of times and they are good to go.  PFT

Thanks for the link, ive heard of these guys before and a buddy of mine who runs a local shop also promotes them as well. The facility looks really nice.

I wish there was a way to establish what my skills are and avoid having to spend money somewhere for them to say I can shoot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]
What part of the country are you in?

I heard that Frank Proctor was going to be doing some NV stuff at some point in the future. He is in AL close to the Horta.

I bet if you ask he could do some one-on-one training if he does not have any classes up and running. Frank is a good dude and very knowledgeable.

http://www.wayofthegun.us/

What about "Legion OTG"? I don't know a lot about it, but my Father just spent a week down there shooting and setting up for a match and speaks highly of the facility.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top