Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 7:00:12 AM EDT
while i was walking through one of the sporting goods stores i went over to the reloading section to check (like i always do) and this time i actually found small rifle primers!

they wernt the WSR that i usually use but they were CCI and Federal primers. there was the usually limit of 1 brick per person/ per day so i went on a mission to find someone to unlock the case.

i walked around for about a half hour and every employee there was busy helping other customers. for some reason it was a mad house in the store that day. i finally gave up after waiting for so long. i figured i could always order my usual WSR from cabelas and have them here in a week or so.

guess i posted this because ill be out on that side of town again and should i go buy some of the federal primers? or should i just say f it and order the WSR from cabelas that im familiar with?

im not hard up for primers right now i just like to have a stock pile..

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:14:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#2]
right now with the way primers are so hard to get id buy all the preimers you can get.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
right now with the way primers are so hard to get id buy all the preimers you can get.

And the cycle begins.....If everyone buys all they can find, for no more a reason than to add to their "Stock pile" then the supply will never catch up with the demand and the prices will continue to soar.....but who cares, as long as YOU have yer supply right?!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:41:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I found some at a local gun show, $35 per 1,000 for win. small rifle, $33 per 1,000 for win. small and large pistol. Another table had cases of wolf primers at $135 for whatever kind you needed. The price is dropping now we need more quantity.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy all you can get your hands on..... that way next June I can buy all the surplus at garage sales for $10 per 1K, like the good old days.  Remember this happended in the 90's, ok not to this extent but I buy what I shoot with a "reserve".  If you shoot 5 or 10K a year, then you probably HAVE to buy what you can. I only shoot about 2500 rounds of .223 per year, so a case sits me fine.  I only use #41's for .223 and WLRP for .308 bolt, I stay with these.  Now if I run out I might check alternatives.

Just my .02, for the last 9 months have been like the albino deer in Wisconsin, elusive at best, but the last few weeks they have been showing up more and more.  In fact I see on Craig's list and Backpage guys who bought too much and are selling at decent prices prices.  The economy is really tough here in Las Vegas so I expect to see guys dumping reloading supplies, ammo and guns becuase they over bought.

YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top