Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2002 9:01:12 AM EDT
anybody have any opinions on walther p-99?  Or complaints for that matter.  Saw a green one at the gun show for $479.  It was $679 at Collectors in Houston.  I think I should have bought it.  My girlfriend wants something for concealed and carry. What do ya think??
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The P99 are nice....I have no complaints.  Like the AR it is light and very accurate.

Here's mine:

Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Get it, you won't regret it, it's HK quality for ruger price. It may be heresy but I prefer my P99 to my USP.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I will have a a P99 by this Sat afternoon:)
$449. $487 with TX sales tax. I almost purchased one a few weeks ago.
Im still debating but will most likely go with the 9mm. I like the OD green body, blk slide.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one a few months ago. I was a little worried about the group size at first. But as I've put more rounds through it ,it's calmed down a bit. But if it shot perfect right out of the box I'd worry that it wouldn't do it for long.
Feels great in the hand. Most comfortable handgun I own( about 10 to choose from, from Glocks to blackpowder). I love being able to change backstraps.
Overall I've been pleased. Now I just need to get more trigger time with it.

Thump
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Outstanding gun.

Here's my quick review...

Best fitting gun of any I've ever owned or shot. The design is fantastic.

9mm hi-caps are available, but technically illegal since the gun was first introduced after the ban.

Slimest profile of the high end semi's, great for carry.

The only down side for me....the trigger pull on some is slightly choppy. I'd say the trigger is the weak link, but not so much that I don't still love the P-99.

That being said, I'd get it in .40 if I had to do it all over again.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Got one myself for $449 9mm Military Green at the last show here in Houston.  Great shooter and feels great in the hand also.  Much better than my Glocks.  However, little big for CCW.  It is the same size as a G22.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#8]
i got a P99QA in .40 for yule and i love it.
shoots great, is accurate as hell, and looks sharp. id strongly suggest you check to see the ULM Germany proof marks on the barrel and slide though. the all german made pistols are what you want with this pistol, not the S&W frames and slide.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

9mm hi-caps are available, but technically illegal since the gun was first introduced after the ban.

Actually, I think the hi-caps were originally made for the older Walther P88.  Apparently they also fit the P99.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't own one yet, but I would really like to. I need a good rifle first, had to sell everything but the USP a few months ago. Anybody got any suggestions??
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:36:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Luv mine.  Olive green in standard DA/SA configuration.  Shoots nice small groups & is very comfortable.  Looking to trade it for a P99QA in 9mm if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 4:50:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Turner's(www.turners.com in South. Calif has the P99 on sales for $500 in either 9mm or 40S&W.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Got one myself for $449 9mm Military Green at the last show here in Houston.  Great shooter and feels great in the hand also.  Much better than my Glocks.  However, little big for CCW.  It is the same size as a G22.  

Did you buy from Irving Firearms, Doc Walther?
Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Turner's(www.turners.com in South. Calif has the P99 on sales for $500 in either 9mm or 40S&W.

I looked at Turners page and saw nothing mentioned at all about Walther P-99's. Care to direct me to the spot on the page where that is? They have the S&W....but that aint Walther.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Sale ends today, Mar. 6.  Turner's website displays next week's sales.  Hurry time's running out!
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Boom,

Actually Schramms was the dealer.  The guy is not the friendliest around, but he has damn good prices.  First gun I bought from him was a NIB G26 w/ meps for $475.  That's why I stopped to look again.  Lucky for me!!  

However, at the Pasa-get-down-dena show last weekend, Doc's had the 9mm Military for the same price.  They also had one w/ trijicons for $549.  I asked Doc if he had any extra sets of the trij but he didn't....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top