Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 1:15:06 PM EDT
I know it's recommended to not use Hoppes solvents (powder/copper) on chromed bores, but what about the swiss bores?  

Also is it a good idea if you're spending a long day at the range with a precision rifle like the K-31, to swab the bore every hundred rounds or so?  

thanks.

-mark
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
All I do to mine is run a BoreSnake through it. When I get enough rounds through one I will swipe it with Ed's Red.

How did the FA shoot go? I was still in El Paso at the time.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Went great, finally got to touch and shoot an MP44 and an MP40.

Our pics are at the bottom, the first page has some more vids and pics.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=219270&page=2

Thanks for the advice.  I still like to use Hoppes as it is the best cleaner for bores I've come across, especially very dirty, neglected bores.  

waiting on a russian scope for my K31.  got the clamp on mount, haven't really done much with it yet, only had a leapers $50 scope to try it out and that thing can't hold a zero for anything.

-mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top