Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2002 9:04:13 AM EDT
went to a different shop in town...put some money down and it's on special order.  heheh.  only $618 to go and she's mine.  total cost is $734
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
That's right in ballpark.
Best part is 'it's on the way'.
I'm still getting ready to take mine to the range to deflower her...
Lotta guys getting into the PSS around here lately.
Cool.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I recently bought a PSS and have put around 150rds through it so far. Could've gotten it new over the net for $720 everything, but instead i paid $760 for everything at a gunshow because I had waited long enough!

Best group so far has been .34", 3 shots at 100yds. (factory ammo). Hope to hit 1/4" some day...
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Many of us in Ca are rediscovering how Bolt gun can be fun after the stupid ban..
yeah we moved over from spray and pray assult rifle to one-shot-one-kill sniper...

Oh yeah the street are safer now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
my new baby.. not a pss but the deal was too good to pass on.

Pre 67 winchester model 70  .243
choate ultimate varmiter stock

Link Posted: 2/28/2002 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
nice rifle beer slayer. just wondering what the significance of Pre-67 means?  did they make em better then?  i used to not even care where i hit the target until i got my AR.  now i'm all interested in how small of a group,etc...guess i got the bug for accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:50:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Inferno, I think he meant "pre-64".  In 1964, Winchester was bought out and screwed up by a bunch of "bottom-line" people who wanted to take shortcuts on the product line.  Gone was the mauseresque and justifiably famous Model 70, replaced by the push-feed version.  They made changes in just about everything Winchester made, and the changes were uniformly for the worst.  It took years for them to recover.

Nowadays when you hear about a pre-64 Winchester it can either mean one made before 1964 or it is a model 70 made after the reintroduction of the pre-64 action, which was around five years ago.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
PSS is nice, only prob I encountered was heavy trigger pull.  But since the trigger is adjustable, I've adjusted mine.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Inferno, I think he meant "pre-64".  In 1964, Winchester was bought out and screwed up by a bunch of "bottom-line" people who wanted to take shortcuts on the product line.  Gone was the mauseresque and justifiably famous Model 70, replaced by the push-feed version.  They made changes in just about everything Winchester made, and the changes were uniformly for the worst.  It took years for them to recover.

Nowadays when you hear about a pre-64 Winchester it can either mean one made before 1964 or it is a model 70 made after the reintroduction of the pre-64 action, which was around five years ago.

Winchester was spooked by Remington's introduction of the Model 700 in mid-1962.  Along with a new rifle to replace the venerable 721, Remington simultaneously introduced the 7mm Rem Mag cartridge and the combination took the sporting press by storm.  Faced with a new cost-competitive product from Remington, Winchester made a decision to change the Model 70.  Unfortunately in trying to keep the Model 70 up-to-date Winchester grossly misjudged their market.  And in the process made owners of older Winchesters very happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top