Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 1/16/2015 9:22:09 PM EST
I saw one today at a decent price.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:40:54 PM EST
I like mine, they are good reliable guns. My only two complaints are that the length of pull is a little long (can be easily solved with a Mesa Tactical stock though) and there really isn't huge aftermarket support compared to the Mossberg 500 and Remington 870.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:59:01 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mak0:
I like mine, they are good reliable guns. My only two complaints are that the length of pull is a little long (can be easily solved with a Mesa Tactical stock though) and there really isn't huge aftermarket support compared to the Mossberg 500 and Remington 870.
View Quote

I don't thing I would make any changes to it and leave it stock.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:39:05 PM EST
I've been eyeballing a super nova tactical awhile. The shop wants $569.00. they've had it 5-6 months now. thats a good sum for a new pump gun. they do look decent.sadly this one has a pistol grip stock. I prefer regular stocks on pumps.

at my old age I'm not sure I would gain anything speed wise over my old Winchester 1200-1300 speed pumps
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:53:45 AM EST
They are very easy to short stroke. This is the reason why I sold mine years ago.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:23:02 PM EST
Georgia State Patrol went from Mossbergs to Benelli Nova's years ago. In about 1 years time, they dumped all the Benelli's and went to Remington 870's. They had lotsa problems with the Nova's.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:24:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By PAPPYO:
I've been eyeballing a super nova tactical awhile. The shop wants $569.00. they've had it 5-6 months now. thats a good sum for a new pump gun. they do look decent.sadly this one has a pistol grip stock. I prefer regular stocks on pumps.

at my old age I'm not sure I would gain anything speed wise over my old Winchester 1200-1300 speed pumps
View Quote

I cut my teeth hunting everything in Ok-Ar-Tx with a M1200 20 ga and a 12 ga. I always thought they were severely overlooked as a shotgun. I can get a Nova Tactical for $400 plus some change brand new. it would be my first pistol gripped short barrel and I was thinking about one for my wife- mainly to help her with recoil.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:25:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By OnlytheTip:
They are very easy to short stroke. This is the reason why I sold mine years ago.
View Quote

not good.. that's all I needed to know.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:25:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By OnlytheTip:
View Quote

not good.. that's all I needed to know.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:49:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

I cut my teeth hunting everything in Ok-Ar-Tx with a M1200 20 ga and a 12 ga. I always thought they were severely overlooked as a shotgun. I can get a Nova Tactical for $400 plus some change brand new. it would be my first pistol gripped short barrel and I was thinking about one for my wife- mainly to help her with recoil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

yes the old winchesters 1200-1300 never really caught on. ain't but a few of us like them.

some folks thought they were broke because the rotating bolt unlocked on firing.

if your good on timing your trigger finger and pump hand..........well they are fast. trust me, as you probably know if yah cut your teeth shooting them.

they bring (used ) less $$$ than a mossberg 500 around me at shops
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:52:12 PM EST
the old winchester model 12's that would slam fire were great! shit! you best open that checkbook for them in these parts 5-8 hundred
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:57:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By cmshoot:
Georgia State Patrol went from Mossbergs to Benelli Nova's years ago. In about 1 years time, they dumped all the Benelli's and went to Remington 870's. They had lotsa problems with the Nova's.
View Quote

hmmm. that don't sound good
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:14:40 AM EST

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

hell. maybe rotate back to something your used to used 1300's are cheap around here

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:52:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2015 12:55:50 AM EST by PAPPYO]
here are clones.

new winchester SPX. top. Turkish made about $279.00
chi com ( PRC ) built Stevens 320. $190.00

both kinda 1300 clones. no fish mouth cut on the buttstocks. bolt carrier simplified,ect. really better so far I can strip these down in about 1.5 minutes

hell about $190.00. will get you into that Savage pistol grip with ghost ring sights. remember though that slide release on a 1300 style/clone with a pistol grip ain't good

The benelli pistol grip pump has a forward trigger group design slide release,Kinda 870 ish. wich will work for a right handed shooter.

look for an old used US made 1300.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:03:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/18/2015 1:07:22 AM EST by PAPPYO]
oh yes. remember never to bring up shotguns in general discussion here.

you will bet cut up in a heartbeat! them boys can't handle 3 inch mag 12 gauge loads.

don't post dead critters there either.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:41:29 AM EST
Go for the field model. Top choice at world championships. I think Nova field models we're top choices for 18 of the top 20 or so shooters.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:20:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By Clint-M:
Go for the field model. Top choice at world championships. I think Nova field models we're top choices for 18 of the top 20 or so shooters.
View Quote

interesting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:22:43 AM EST
here are clones.

new winchester SPX. top. Turkish made about $279.00
chi com ( PRC ) built Stevens 320. $190.00

both kinda 1300 clones. no fish mouth cut on the buttstocks. bolt carrier simplified,ect. really better so far I can strip these down in about 1.5 minutes

hell about $190.00. will get you into that Savage pistol grip with ghost ring sights. remember though that slide release on a 1300 style/clone with a pistol grip ain't good

The benelli pistol grip pump has a forward trigger group design slide release,Kinda 870 ish. wich will work for a right handed shooter.

look for an old used US made 1300.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i342/lennyzrx/20150118_002700_zps94294df7.jpg
View Quote

I've actually thought about finding a couple of used 1300's and have been looking on Gunbroker at some pricing.
Top Top