Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2011 7:56:31 PM EDT
im converting my taurus pt92 into a beginner version for an i.d.p.a. racegun.  is there enough thread length on the stock length barrels.  it only extends past the slide rail .3325 of an inch past the tip of the slide.. is there a way to thread only about .298 of the barrel length with a 1/2X28 threading so i can use a thread on compensator (not bolt on/clamp on/rod style). i would like to later buy a simple silencer can but not on this setup....i know i can buy a longer, pre-ported and pre-threaded barrel, but what fun is that?lol

any ideas?

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
IDPA does not have "raceguns".  USPSA has open class.  A Taurus 9mm will be very, very non competitive to the wide body 1911's (STI/SVI?Caspian/Para) in open class.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#4]
With all due respect. Is this a joke?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If your wanting to try the race gun thing, you can buy a threaded barrel. Sportsman's Guide used to have them. They make 2 chamber comps for them too.  Ditch the grip rail and get one of the cheaper mini red dots they got going now. It is do about and wouldn't be a bad gun to compete with if  you shoot it well.
I started IPSC with a PT99.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks, and no this isnt a joke.  your reject.  this is my project. no its not a $5k STI or a $4K colt. i dont have that kinda money, or that kinda time.  im making a few attempts for a fun gun to shoot, and this is the gun im starting with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top