Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 2:08:14 PM EDT
We looked at a new Target model Remington 597 today with the laminated thumbhole stock. Barrel was free floated, bull barrel. Carbon Fiber "look".

Price was right and LOVED the feel of the stock.

How Accurate are these?? We have one 597 that reliabilty has been a problem due to magazines.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The laminate stocks are Boyd's IIRC and are nice. Other than that, you've already experienced the world of the 597. They don't do anything better than a 10/22 and they cost more.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
My 597 HBLS is as accurate, if not more, than my 10/22s with various heavy barrels.  I don't think that there is a 10/22 that will shoot as well as my 597 for what it cost me, which was $300 with a nice scope.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The laminate stocks are Boyd's IIRC and are nice. Other than that, you've already experienced the world of the 597. They don't do anything better than a 10/22 and they cost more.

I disagree.  When comparing base models of the 10/22 and Rem 597, you can get the 597 for about $30-$40 cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]
just get latest model mags, take action apart, pull out the guide rails, and then put them back in , only finger tight, and just back in far enough, to put it all back together.
 this is the fix for all 597's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top