Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2003 12:42:48 PM EDT
Out of these two types of ammo which is more accurate/better quality?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Both of them fall into the Plinking Ammo catagory. I wouldn't expect much less than 2" groups at 100 yards. Some folks swear to that MOA but I think there is some wishfull thinking going on. Talon has had a few quality contol issues with case sizing in the not too far distant past. They have assured us that it has been resolved, but there's always a chance of running across a can of the old stuff at a gunshow. Talon is simply US military surplus ammo that has been taken apart and then "remanufactured". Yugo is straight out of the can military surplus machinegun ammo. It has a bit more punch than Talon and is also smokier and a little on the dirty side. Keith Pagel did a little testing and has determined that Yugo is slightly corrosive. A good cleaning is in order just in case.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:11:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Does Yugo come packed in white cardboard boxes that come sealed, three boxes together, in a metalic plastic foil?
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I think there is some out there that came packed that way. The easiest way to ID Yugo is the headstamp, that being IK and then the year.

Ironically, the stuff being imported by Mitchell's Mauser's is made at the same plant as the Yugo stuff. They say it's a lead core but a magnet will stick to it and at $3 a shot, they can keep it. I would spend the same money and get AMAX from The Hunting Shack, that way your getting a match round that really has a lead core.

As far as Talon goes, they say that they have solved their QC problems. It's good plinking ammo and should hold around 2 MOA, some guys have shot better but that's about avg. You have to remember that's it's made for the M2 and that disperses it's rounds into a beaten zone. As long as X amount hit the target the Military is happy.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top