Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2015 7:34:01 PM EDT
Has anyone heard if surefire is going to finally release it's dedicated 300 blk can? Are they even still working on it? After seeing the new numbers on the silencerco I was blown way by their 119 db rating. Making my 762 rc seem a little outdated but I have tons invested in the surefire mounts...so won't be switching brands anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Try again in a week...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It will be released this month
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!
I have gotten some great service out of my surefire cans and love the almost nonexistent point of impact shift. Which was a big selling point for me. The can is also built like a tank.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the point of a dedicated 300 blK can over using a SOCOM762-RC or a SOCOM762-MINI.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the point of a dedicated 300 blK can over using a SOCOM762-RC or a SOCOM762-MINI.
View Quote

I would like to know this aswel
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So they can make it lighter/shorter without having to worry about .308/magnum pressures. Just a guess.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:23:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So they can make it lighter/shorter without having to worry about .308/magnum pressures. Just a guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except the version I saw was not any shorter than the mini and wasn't a lightweight can by any means. I'd like to know the actual differences for sure since they've been developing it for a year now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't believe people still buy surefire cans, there are so many better options. Surefire is WAY overpriced on everything and i still use their lights, but cans, no way.
$599 for a AAC M4-2000 and $700 AAC SDN6 makes surefire cans a total waste of money. (and believe me, i have them all) From now on I buy Gemtech, AAC, SiCo, and YHM.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can't believe people still buy surefire cans, there are so many better options. Surefire is WAY overpriced on everything and i still use their lights, but cans, no way.
$599 for a AAC M4-2000 and $700 AAC SDN6 makes surefire cans a total waste of money. (and believe me, i have them all) From now on I buy Gemtech, AAC, SiCo, and YHM.
View Quote

I've used AAC before.  No experience with yhm or gemtech. Have a SiCo spectre 2, like it, good company. I'll keep my surefire and continue to buy more though. Less backpressure, better mount system, great customer service, solid signature reduction, typically shorter and lighter than most comparable options, and when not,  only by a touch. The only thing comparable imo might be KACs new cans.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've used AAC before.  No experience with yhm or gemtech. Have a SiCo spectre 2, like it, good company. I'll keep my surefire and continue to buy more though. Less backpressure, better mount system, great customer service, solid signature reduction, typically shorter and lighter than most comparable options, and when not,  only by a touch. The only thing comparable imo might be KACs new cans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is their mounting system better? if it stays on the rifle, doesn't cause issues, and comes off when you want, then isn't that good enough? my yhm, gemtech, AAC all accomplish that. My surefire does not come off some times. They all sound about the same to me.
Is surefire really worth the extra $500?

AAC M4-2000 $599 and a 200 rebate for mounts.  Surefire $1050 and you have to buy a $80 mount.

Im really not completely ragging on Surefire, most of my lights are surefire, but their cans are seriously overrated.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why is their mounting system better? if it stays on the rifle, doesn't cause issues, and comes off when you want, then isn't that good enough? my yhm, gemtech, AAC all accomplish that. My surefire does not come off some times. They all sound about the same to me.

AAC M4-2000 $599 and a 200 rebate for mounts.  Surefire $1050 and you have to buy a $80 mount.

Im really not completely ragging on Surefire, most of my lights are surefire, but their cans are seriously overrated.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh bother. Call it what you want, haters gonna hate.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:55:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Cause of the logo. All of its magical power is in the logo. O.O
basically for me it's the system I bought into several years ago. At the time the saker wasn't available and my dealer sold me the 556 and 762 socom cans for what aac was going for. I'm happy with it and they work. A can is a can and it's the can I have, sam I am. If I was just starting out now, I'm not sure who I would pick. My experience,  the surefire has less point of impact shift than my friends aac. Is that the normal?  I have no idea.  Too many variables.
My view on rifle cans is one can not go wrong with any of the major brands.
I do own aac for my pistol cans and silencerco for my rimfire.
I am just hoping surefire can come out with a 300 blk can that's smaller and lighter weight with better noise reduction.  If not this year, my 762-rc still has life in it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most likely because they designed it around 300 blackout pressures. The SOCOM762-RC was designed around full power military loads (308 and 300 win mag). The SOCOM762-RC sounds great with those loads,  but sounded absolutely horrible when I shot mine with 300 blackout subs.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Most likely because they designed it around 300 blackout pressures. The SOCOM762-RC was designed around full power military loads (308 and 300 win mag). The SOCOM762-RC sounds great with those loads,  but sounded absolutely horrible when I shot mine with 300 blackout subs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.  My SOCOM Mini on my PDW 300 Blackout is louder with supers than on my SCAR 17 with 16in barrel.  However, is it ridiculously good at not gassing me.  Their mounts are awesome too.  I also really dig the OAL and size of the Mini.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny, cause their lights are more overpriced then their cans, and there are 10x better option for lights too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#16]
The SOCOM300-SPS is a completely different beast than the SOCOM762-RC. It is a SS build with a Inconel blast baffle. The baffles are a new design and works so well with low pressure rounds. It is just a tick high in dB than a .22 LR suppressed. It does well with super sonic 300BO and we have even tested it on .308 and 300WM. Price is really sweet and we will be taking orders at SHOT. The CNC's are building baffles right now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the update!  I can't wait to see the final details.  Will it utilize SOCOM mounts
I love my socom556rc
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#18]
It will use the same current mounts. We are however releasing a thread on can.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The SOCOM300-SPS is a completely different beast than the SOCOM762-RC. It is a SS build with a Inconel blast baffle. The baffles are a new design and works so well with low pressure rounds. It is just a tick high in dB than a .22 LR suppressed. It does well with super sonic 300BO and we have even tested it on .308 and 300WM. Price is really sweet and we will be taking orders at SHOT. The CNC's are building baffles right now.
View Quote

So basically a dedicated can to say the least?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Funny, cause their lights are more overpriced then their cans, and there are 10x better option for lights too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at the price i get them for
My price on their cans sucks though. im not saying their cans suck, just saying they're overpriced. I'd rather buy a M4-2000 AND a Tirant AND two mounts all for the price of a surefire 556 can.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

How well does it work with 7.62x39?  Size wise, how does it compare to the other socom cans?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My price on their cans sucks though. im not saying their cans suck, just saying they're overpriced. I'd rather buy a M4-2000 AND a Tirant AND two mounts all for the price of a surefire 556 can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you never have a baffle strike.  I know a couple people trying to get in touch with their CS department and they report that the voice mail inbox is full... they are also not responding to emails (30 days of trying).

You get what you pay for in life.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I hope you never have a baffle strike.  I know a couple people trying to get in touch with their CS department and they report that the voice mail inbox is full... they are also not responding to emails (30 days of trying).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The people you know must be calling the wrong number.
I just called AAC customer service and spoke with someone today at 1528 Houston time. I did it just to prove you wrong. Heres the number: 770-925-9988.

and yes, you get what you pay for, I guess surefire customer service is worth the extra $500 to you but for me id rather buy TWO M4-2000 and get 4 mounts with the rebate than buy one surefire 556 SOCOM.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That has not been my experience. AAC customer service has gone above and beyond for me on two occasions. ymmv.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Are we talking about a new can or bitiching about non-tech subject related stuff?

Kudu22, thank you for the info, any other info you can share before SHOT?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:00:32 PM EDT
[#26]
[b]Quoted:[/b
That has not been my experience. AAC customer service has gone above and beyond for me on two occasions. ymmv.
View Quote

Same here. Around Xmas I emailed the new AAC/CS guy about a free baffle upgrade, 5 minutes later I had RMA and free UPS shipping back. Sent it in, had it back (free shipping again), 10 days later with swag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Same here. Around Xmas I emailed the new AAC/CS guy about a free baffle upgrade, 5 minutes later I had RMA and free UPS shipping back. Sent it in, had it back (free shipping again), 10 days later with swag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lying about aac having bad customer service is a common tactic amongst surefire owners

That being said, to the OP, I honestly think surefire does make good cans so if your mounts are all surefire then you might as well stick with their cans.
For the record though, I've had excellent experience with aac, yhm, gem-tech, and SiCo.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lying about aac having bad customer service is a common tactic amongst surefire owners

That being said, to the OP, I honestly think surefire does make good cans so if your mounts are all surefire then you might as well stick with their cans.
For the record though, I've had excellent experience with aac, yhm, gem-tech, and SiCo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.  I own an AAC Cyclone,  as well as Surefire, Silencerco,  and TBAC.

I'm only reporting what others are saying.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=541&f=5521&t=13571308
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like a winner. After shot show I will definitely be contacting my dealer to place an order.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I've got 2 AAC cans.  M4-2000 in jail and an SDN6.  

Really wish I had gone either AAC Mini and a precision thread on can

OR

Surefire mini and thread on precision can.  

I like the surefire mounts a little bit more than AAC.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Waiting for the tests on this, will be in line to get one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top