Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 7:40:54 AM EDT
how far out is a 22 good for 100 yrs or so? or shorter?

i havent shot one sence i was a kid and might p/u a 1022..

for my son now but really dont know what pratical ronge is on a 22..
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:25:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Every gun owner should own a 10/22, in my opinion.

You can make shots at 100 yards pretty consistently w/ a .22 but after that the bullet really starts dropping and losing envergy.  The ballistics chart on the cheap Wal-Mart bulk pack of .22s shows about 3 1/2 inches of drop at 100 yards.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#2]
thnak you sir!!

thats what i thought but wasnt sure..

i think i will pick one up
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Every gun owner should own a 10/22, in my opinion.

Yep.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:57:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
how far out is a 22 good for 100 yrs or so? or shorter?

i havent shot one sence i was a kid and might p/u a 1022..

for my son now but really dont know what pratical ronge is on a 22..

It depends on your definition of "good".  Shoot the factory bbl. for awhile and if you're not happy then get an aftermarket one.  My $100 GM barrel will hit a clay bird or pop-can everytime @ 100 yards, easily.
I'm happy with that for a 22lr plinker.  

FWIW I usually shoot my paper targets @ 50 yards because the wind isnt as big a factor.  But 100 yards is great for plinking w/ a 22.    

eta:  I have a mil-dot reticle scope...so I just use the 3rd or 4th dot down @ 100.  
The center crosshair is zeroed for 50 yards.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top