Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 8:18:28 AM EDT
According to USPS.com, my order package was delivered to the south store last Thursday and I still haven't received a confirmation email.  I called the north store this morning and found that I wasn't in their system, then given a number for the south store and was told the same thing.  Apparently they have a mountain of orders to process right now.  After looking on the availability dates on the website now, I believe it.  The last thing I was told was if I don't receive an email by this time next week to call back and recheck the status.  

Kicking myself in the @ss now for not getting these ordered last fall.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#1]
It takes a while for them to process the paperwork. What you really need to hope for is that you don't get held up on an NICS check. It happened to me. Normally at a gunshop, if you get an NICS delay, three days later you can go back and pick up your firearm (at least in KS and MO). With CMP, they MUST have approval rather than a delay. I ended up having to file a VAF (voluntary appeal file) then it went right thru....2 months later.
The last week of Dec I sent in another order for 4 Garands, they arrived this last Tues. (took two weeks) Its just processing paperwork you're waiting for now.
If you ordered service grade SA rifles, it's around a 60-90 day wait. Be paitent. belive me, they are worth the wait!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It takes a while for them to process the paperwork. What you really need to hope for is that you don't get held up on an NICS check. It happened to me. Normally at a gunshop, if you get an NICS delay, three days later you can go back and pick up your firearm (at least in KS and MO). With CMP, they MUST have approval rather than a delay. I ended up having to file a VAF (voluntary appeal file) then it went right thru....2 months later.
The last week of Dec I sent in another order for 4 Garands, they arrived this last Tues. (took two weeks) Its just processing paperwork you're waiting for now.
If you ordered service grade SA rifles, it's around a 60-90 day wait. Be paitent. belive me, they are worth the wait!
hr

Shortly after I posted this thread, I received an email from the CMP saying my order had been received!  I ordered a correct & a field grade.  The wait is killing me, but progress has definitely been made today.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got my cofermation today. Talked to a very nice lady about my GCA membership and she told me it would be about 2 weeks to process the order then send the rifle depending on other things. But at least my paper work was in order(she confirmed that the only hold up was the GCA,GCA cleared that up within 30 minutes)

Ya know if other businesses had customer service like CMP and GCA, the world would be a better place.

Now the wait continues.... tick,tock tick tock..........
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The CMP wants to sell rifles. In a business sense, they are awesome. When you clean up your rifles, if you should find a broken  part, with me I had a busted OP rod spring broken at the follower. I had a spare, but I emailed them about it.  They told me to send it in and they would send me another. No charge.
When you get your rifles, there's a post card to fill out for a trigger lock for free. They are super quality locks! I use a safe, but the locks are probably worth $15 each.
My correct grade H&R's are virtually new rifles. Furniture has plenty of dings and dents,  but really not all that bad. The metal......oh I'd say 98%. Muzzle and throat erosion on all of them was less than 2.
Very soon you guys will be:

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My correct grade H&R's are virtually new rifles. Furniture has plenty of dings and dents,  but really not all that bad. The metal......oh I'd say 98%. Muzzle and throat erosion on all of them was less than 2.
Very soon you guys will be:
hr

I'm glad to hear you're happy with your correct H&R's (Greek returns?).   You're the fourth or fifth person that has been impressed with the condition of them, the others before you convinced me to get one.  I've got one H&R correct on the way with along with a SA field grade.  Now I can start buying yet another size of  ammo and more cleaning accessories....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
According to USPS.com, my order package was delivered to the south store last Thursday and I still haven't received a confirmation email.  I called the north store this morning and found that I wasn't in their system, then given a number for the south store and was told the same thing.  Apparently they have a mountain of orders to process right now.  After looking on the availability dates on the website now, I believe it.  The last thing I was told was if I don't receive an email by this time next week to call back and recheck the status.  

Kicking myself in the @ss now for not getting these ordered last fall.  

A whole week...wow...CMP is going to hell in a handbasket...

The wait is killing me

Hope you get your rifle soon...

BTW - you ought to become a Team Member - look into it.  It is how the site pays for your forum...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm tellin you.
I bought some correct grade H&R's and one Collector grade H&R. (Greek returns) Honestly...I can't tell you the difference, except for the $500 bill I feel like I thru out the window.  But as they say, it is the "luck of the draw" I hope you all have the same good luck as I.  I'm one happy camper. Buy your ammo from CMP also.  Once you've been given a customer number, you can just order ammo online, or send it in. If you've got plent of clips, the LC is a little cheaper. If you NEED clips, buy the Greek. Personally, I like the greek ammo just a little bit better. It's cleaner, its on new clips from 30 yrs ago, in bandoleers SEALED in spam cans.
The LC is delinked ammo put in 20 rd CMP ammo boxes, then packed in 30 cal ammo cans.
With shipping the difference is 3 cents a round. but remember, you will get the ammo cans with the LC, just no bandos and clips.
GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kicking myself in the @ss now for not getting these ordered last fall.  hr

A whole week...wow...CMP is going to hell in a handbasket... hock.gif

The wait is killing me

Hope you get your rifle soon...

BTW - you ought to become a Team Member - look into it.  It is how the site pays for your forum...

Thanks for the well wishes on a speedy delivery.   As for another "whole" week, since they couldn't find any record of my order paperwork this morning, I was concerned that there may have been a problem somehow.  Apparently all is well now since they sent a confirmation email several hours later.  

As for becoming a team member, I expect more people have joined for the chance of winning a free rifle or such, rather than insuring the board stays up.  I also wonder how many team members are NRA lifemembers or at the very least annual members.  Finally, I wonder how many have ever made a single contribution to the RNC or pro-gun politicians in the past.   Nonetheless, I'll give it some thought...
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#9]
What the members on this board spend their money on....it's their $$$$.
I belong because I FUCKING love this site. If I was still married, my old lady would think I was up to no good. This site has more stuff than you can ever imagine. Sometimes I bury myself on here.  It goes to a great cause, I feel its some of the BEST truthful entertainment out there. There are people on this site that are qualified and will answer any question you can possibly think of asking.
Personally I believe in the right to keep and bear arms, so yeah, I'm an NRA member, but thats my choice, I BELIEVE WE BETTER HAVE THAT RIGHT. So I pay. I ssupport. Not only do I belong, I actually toss them a bone every now and then and more because IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO. I love my guns, It's my right to keep and bear arms, I like being able to buy as much ammo as I can afford, whenever I want to buy it.  There are members on this board from England...they are allowed a couple hundred rounds at a time. If that. There are others who have no firearm rights at all...but they belong, because they agree in the freedom to expres themselves. This type of forum doesn't operate for free.
I think its to a good cause.
Another reason ARFCOM is a good cause...it's a great form of entertainment, along with a weath of information you would be hard pressed to find anywhere else.
You can mooch, or you can support.
It's a free country.....thanks to a lot of the members on this board!
But you can do what you want.
[banna]
By the way, where can I win a free rifle? sign me up!
Don't get me wrong, I don't care what you do. I'm damned proud to be a member of a great bunch of folks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:20:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I got my order acknowledgement on the 12th (of Jan) and I feel like a kid two weeks before Christmas.  The time it does drag along.  I wish there was a way to speed it up so I can go hit the BLM land and blow up some soda cans!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

By the way, where can I win a free rifle? sign me up!
Don't get me wrong, I don't care what you do. I'm damned proud to be a member of a great bunch of folks.hr

Lapster, we're on the same page.  My goal wasn't to piss you off, or the vast majority of other members on the board.  After the implication from another team member that I had some sort of civic duty to pay for the 20 some odd comments that I have posted to date, I felt compelled to reply in kind.  Freedom of speech AND the right to keep and bear arms, what a country!

As for where you can win a free rifle, etc...

From the memberships page:

"RIFLE GIVEAWAYS (1 entry for bronze, 2 for gold, 3 for platinum)
We're giving away rifles as our thanks to you each and every year! The goal is at LEAST one give away a year, our hope is to be able to do more! We will secure athttp://www.ar15.com/
Home least one Special Edition Black Rifle with a special number, based on the project. (ex. #223 for AR-15 projects, #74 for AK-74 projects, etc)"

"OTHER GIVEAWAYS
Not only will we give out AT LEAST one rifle every year, but we'll also plan other giveaways during the year on items ranging from shirts and hats, to coats, windbreakers, shooting gear, optics, and firearms!"

$24 for a chance to win a rifle, plus other benfits to boot is pretty damn good.  Nonetheless, I'll probably continue freeloading for a while longer.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top