Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 3:13:05 PM EDT
well  let me have your 2 cents i asked for it.
>>>>)))*>
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the Leupold.I've had a Springfield 2nd gen rangefinding scope.The recticle is way too cluttered and the 56mm bell is way too big and heavy.Some like it but the majority consensus is the Springfield is overpriced and overweight.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the 6x40 Government model for $150 when I purchased my Scout Sqaud. It was during the "Scope It Out" deal they had running. I have to say I like the scope. Very simple and I like the rangefinding reticle. I bought a Smith mount and ARMS rings to go with it. My primary setup is an AimPoint ML2 w/ ARMS ring mounted on the scout mount. I will only use the 6x40 for some hunting or precision shooting at further distances. My feeling is this: 100yards or less I use the AimPoint, 100-300 yards I remove the AimPoint and use the irons, 300 yards + I mount the scope and use it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with GreyGhost. The recticle is far too cluttered. The entire scope is far bigger than it needs to be. I finally sold mine. If I buy another (the m1a is not a good platform for a scope IMHO) it will be a leupold.

By the way, don't get one with an illuminated recticle...despite what Springfield Armory claims, the batteries are not readily available...only they carry them!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Along a similar vein, do any of you have an opinion of the Leupold versus the Shepherd scopes.  The Shepherd system seems much easier to learn than Mildot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top