Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/3/2004 7:17:36 PM EST
Are the sp10's any good? I have only seen a couple of posts here.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:28:10 PM EST
It says Special Weapons on the side, right? If you have an oportunity to run a few hundred rounds through one, and d you like it, and it doesnt fail, go for it. If you don't know FOR A FACT that a special weapons product works, and I mean the incividual weapon, dont buy it, its like Russian Roullette with three loaded chambers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:46:49 PM EST
JUST SAY NO!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:03:36 AM EST
Reserve judgement until you read range reports from people who own them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:06:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By beerbarron:
Are the sp10's any good? I have only seen a couple of posts here.

I own it's predecessor (SW5) and its bigger brother (SW3) and have had no problems with either. WMMV. The SP10s are new so don't have a lifetime of use and abuse, but since they are built upon the MP5 receiver design, I'd say they're probably fine. You might check some of the HK specific boards (hkpro, hk91, and hk-54).

I also own a RRA 20". Got friends who built up some frankensteins who had to grind/mill parts to get the differing vendor uppers/lowers to mate, so no matter what you do, I think nothing is perfect. After tweaking, those guns work good as well.

There is no substitute for shooting it... see if you can lay your hands on one to test out. They do look cool :)

-ken
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:14:23 PM EST
I have seen some at gun shows. Nothing that I can shoot. They look as good as the real HK's that I have actually shot. I am waiting for mine to be built and shipped. So far what I have read is good. Very minor problem in one post. Sights out of alignment.

Waiting for now. I will post again later in October when I get it and shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:43:06 PM EST
I'm 100% happy with mine, and mine is the one with the problem. Looks like the barrel comes out of the receiver crooked... no big deal, easily fixed, and mine is the only one I've heard with that problem.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:27:35 PM EST
COOL. I hate trying to remeber one of the thousands of things that I read on here correctly. How is everything working? What types of ammo cycle well? Is it like many HK's requiring +p type loads?

Extracting problems? Feeding problems?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:02:04 PM EST
It has functioned 100%. No problems at all. I've ran some winchester whitebox type ammo thru it and some crazy expensive remington hollowpoints.

Works just fine and is plenty accurate. My only gripe is the HEAVY trigger.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:05:09 PM EST
Will it function okay with the straight stick mags or only the curved?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:16:59 PM EST
I've been very happy with mine. I just wish I had a tac-light that would fit in the forend mount and a folding stock (coming soon I hope).
It has been completly reliable with hk curved 30 round mags. I don't have any of the strait mags so I can't vouch for them. Trigger pull is heavy but I don't have any experiance with a real HK so I don't know how bad it really is.
I think I've heard (read) all about Todd B. at SW. Peoples opinions are what they are. All I know is that for $750 I got a "HK style" 9mm carbine that works great and never fails to draw a comment when ever I'm on the range. If I had the $4000 to spend on the real deal, who knows.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:08:25 PM EST
Could somebody who owns an SP10 do me a big favor and post a measurement of how long the plastic receiver is from its tip back to where it meets the stock (not including the barrel or stock just the plastic receiver)? I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to figure out how long the PSP10 pistol version will be so I can buy the right case for it. The end cap and barrel should add about 1-1.5 inches to that receiver measurement. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:22:05 PM EST
Do you think we'll be getting our PSP's soon? I am very anxious.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:19:43 AM EST
Can somone give me a link to the pistol version, please? I can't find info anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:59:14 AM EST
www.tactical-weapons.com
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:45:31 AM EST
14 3/4 inches from rear end to front end, no barrel or stock.
Top Top