Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2013 8:08:49 AM EDT
i live on a busy street with older nosy neighbors. yet a 1/4 of my firewood pile is missing and no one has seen anything. i know the obvious is to move the pile but with snow on it now it is not as easily done. plus i would rather catch these people then adjust where i keep MY things. so what do you guys suggest? cheap dvr with camera or game/trail camera?

or suggest me something! cause if i find out who this is i am going to call the police and press charges! this is stupid this pile they are pulling from is wood i paid for because it was seasoned for this year. they aren't taking the almost seasoned wood i cut down myself. but even so it is the principal!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a good place to hide a trail cam where it wouldn't be easily seen or reached?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Amazon.  Camera dvr setup.  Get a sony super HAD 4 cam setup. Install one cam immediately. Setup will take 5 minutes
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Game Cam, check out Chasinggame forums for reviews.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like it's time to stake out your woodpile wearing some arctic camo.

You're gonna get cold, sucks to be you.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#5]
wish i can put up a sign that says trespassers will be shot! but here in new Jersikstan i would be arrested for intent or something.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I always store my extra gun powder in my firewood.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#7]
What makes you think older, nozy neighbor's won't steal?
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Soak firewood with blackpowder and kerosene.  Don't use yourself and you should find out soon.

This is not a serious post and in no way should my comments be used in place of official law enforcement.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#9]
drill some holes into the wood and fill those holes with some pill bottles full of piss and cap the holes. When the wood burns and then the piss burns omg nasty smell that won't go away. You will smell it in their chimney smoke also.

Another option is to drill holes and fill the holes with smoke bombs which will maybe smoke the house out and definitely let the neighbors know they were burning wood filled with smoke bombs.

other option take some 22 shells, pull the bullets crimp the mouth of the casing with pliers, drill a few holes and stuff them into the wood and fill over the holes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
drill some holes into the wood and fill those holes with some pill bottles full of piss and cap the holes. When the wood burns and then the piss burns omg nasty smell that won't go away. You will smell it in their chimney smoke also.

Another option is to drill holes and fill the holes with smoke bombs which will maybe smoke the house out and definitely let the neighbors know they were burning wood filled with smoke bombs.

other option take some 22 shells, pull the bullets crimp the mouth of the casing with pliers, drill a few holes and stuff them into the wood and fill over the holes.
View Quote

Note to self: Don't EVER steal from Vengarr.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Bottle rockets/firecrackers in holes should do the trick
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Back home guys used to drill a hole and put a stick of dynamite in the wood.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I would place a sign.           CAUTION!!!   this wood may cause acute lead poisoning, handle with care.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Grouchy pit bull.  Not kidding.  Only put him out at night.  Nothing like a good guard dog to put a screeching halt to theft.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#15]
love all the ideas. on my way home i was thinking a hole with black powder. and a dog would be great but the wood pile is on the side of my house where it is not fenced in. i will just move the stuff to the back yard when weather permits.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always store my extra gun powder in my firewood.
View Quote

Close. Drill a one inch diameter hole into an "average for pile" sized bit of wood.

Fill hole almost to top with colorful smoke bomb powder.

Plug hole with wooden dowel. (Yes, it CAN be done so as to go unnoticed by the thief.)

After discovering the theft, watch chimneys for purple smoke!
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I heard of bears stealing wood. You should set a few bear traps next to your woodpile in known locations to you.

But in all seriousness, get a game cam with IR and place it I'm a discrete location that you would be able to catch the face of the person AND a license plate. Either or will make an investigation very difficult.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I have heard of gun power in a log. Smoke bombs would  be cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top