Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2012 4:07:06 PM EDT
Getting to be a pain cleaning my AAC Element with brushes and solvent.  Would a soda blaster be safe to use on it?  If so does anyone have any recommendations for one?  Thank you for the help
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 4:28:52 PM EDT
From what I understand they are great for cleaning suppressors.  I saw a thread on another forum where a guy showed before and after pics and the baffles looked new when he was finished.  Do a search on home made soda blaster.  You can make your own for very little money if you want to.  Otherwise I'd get the cheap one from Harbor Freight.  You can buy regular soda blaster soda, or just use baking soda from SAMS/COSTCO or for a really big bag go to a pool chemical company and get a 50 pounder.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 4:37:11 PM EDT
Do the home made soda blaster over the $100 Harbor Freight version, thank me later.  Oh yeah, and soda blasting works great.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:43:18 PM EDT
I got the floor standing unit from harbor freight.  Big enough to get a car rim in.  Clean all of my suppressors with it.  Very happy I got it.  Cleaning time has been cut down considerably.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:27:39 AM EDT
Thats what Ill be using!
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 7:37:16 AM EDT
I have the home made cheapo version that I use in cleaning my suppressors.  It works better than anything else so far and will be fine on the Elements stainless baffles.  I also use it for my Gemtech OB2 aluminum baffles with no problem.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:17:07 AM EDT
Soda: good - toxic chemicals that leach into your brain through your skin and turn you into a flesh eating zombie: bad
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 4:55:00 PM EDT
Thanks for the help.  Thats the route I'll go then.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 6:57:55 AM EDT
Once I purchase the Soda Blasting kit,  Im going to buy a Blast cabinet as well so that there isnt baking soda all over my garage and Pissing my wife off due to the mess.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:12:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By doubleajaybrock:
Once I purchase the Soda Blasting kit,  Im going to buy a Blast cabinet as well so that there isnt baking soda all over my garage and Pissing my wife off due to the mess.
yeah, this is definitely great advice. I pissed my wife off in this exact manner.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:34:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By doubleajaybrock:

And your children don't go retarded from lead dust that never goes away.  (Vent it outside)

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:41:10 AM EDT
Highly suggest the hepa or similar vacuum filter system to alleviate the lead dust/particles/whatever.
Top Top