Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 6:06:35 PM EDT
is there anything wrong with wanting these less then lethal grenades?  can we civilans get them withough going through bunch of paper work and high taxes on them?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Smoke I don't think would be a problem seeing you can buy those little smoke bombs during 4th July every where. As for the rest, I'm sure it falls under "ordnance" and is considered leathle in most cases so... no.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Smoke and CS/OC products are legal for civilian ownership, no hitch (you might have trouble finding someone to sell them to you though).  Flash bangs ,on the other hand, are considered destructive devices (bout as legal as HE grenades if your a civilian), you can own them but you have to get a permit of some sort and pay a tax on them.

oh ya,....LAWS VERY BY STATE so check your local laws and junk
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#3]
M-18 smokes and their civilian counterparts are
legal to possess. You can find 'em on EE and on gunboard
auctions for $50-$120. + plus a Hazmat Fee.

Flashbangs, rubberball, distraction devices are regulated as Destructive Devices.

Not Sure about CS or CN.
I know M-8 White Smoke with Hydro Chloride fumes will choke the shit out of you,
however they are legal.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#4]
i doubt CS grenades are legal.  they'd be a great tool for robbing banks, etc if they were.  i'm not advocating that, it's just that a gas grenade has very limited use, especially for recreation.  i definately wouldn't mind having a couple though.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:19:25 AM EDT
[#5]
CS and smokers are legal.  Distraction devices (flashbangs) are regulated as Destructive Devices.  To obtain one, you'd need to somehow get a manufacturer like Def-Tec to sell you one (which they won't) and have it transfered through a DD dealer (IIRC FFL type 10 w/SOT)  in your state.  Each device would be subject to the $200 transfer tax and once fired/destroyed each device would need to be removed from the National Firearms Registry and Transfer Record, so in addition to the cost of the device, you'd be paying a $200 tax for a one time "pop".  Additionally, as explosive devices, I also think you need to have a BATF approved explosives storage magazine (basically a concrete building in the middle of nowhere) in which to store the device.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#6]
whatsthe name of the company,,umm is it galls or someting ,,alot of police riot gear,, front page,,by ordering says ,,  anyone can order,, they have cs,smoke ect prices from 25$ -45$,,,,just waht i saw while looking thru it at my cop buddies house,,tried to get him to buy an urban, JBT outfit but he wouldnt do it,,,dunno why
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're thinking of a 37mm launcher to mount on your AR, here's a list of ammo retailers.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
i'd like a link to CS grenades for sale please.    i think i may actually be dumb enough to buy an extra just to see how bad they are.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:22:04 AM EDT
[#9]
CS aka Chemical Smoke aka Military Tear Gas is not fun. It ain't that bad but it sure as hell isn't fun. Snot dripping uncontrolably from your nose, your skin burning, your eyes burnings, your throat burning, constant none stop coughing, some people even puke.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:57:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
CS aka Chemical Smoke aka Military Tear Gas is not fun. It ain't that bad but it sure as hell isn't fun. Snot dripping uncontrolably from your nose, your skin burning, your eyes burnings, your throat burning, constant none stop coughing, some people even puke.

Hey, some of us would "pay extra" for THAT much fun...

How about a 37 mm casing filled with ground up Habanero pepper powder, that is my idea of a "crowd pleaser" that would make CS feel like a breath of fresh air by comparison.

Paladin
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

your telling me, i went through the gas chamber twice, since i was chemical mos, and got gassed plenty of time in the field.  but unless your in the cloud itself, i've smoked stuff that hurt more
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:16:45 AM EDT
[#12]
That's what you get for picking a Chem MOS I never understood how someone would volunteer to go near chemical weapons.

Quoted:

Quoted:

your telling me, i went through the gas chamber twice, since i was chemical mos, and got gassed plenty of time in the field.  but unless your in the cloud itself, i've smoked stuff that hurt more

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:36:25 AM EDT
[#13]
HC (Hexachlorathene Zinc) smoke has a somewhat tear gas like effect, it also is an oxygen displacers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:06:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
whatsthe name of the company,,umm is it galls or someting ,,alot of police riot gear,, front page,,by ordering says ,,  anyone can order,, they have cs,smoke ect prices from 25$ -45$,,,,just waht i saw while looking thru it at my cop buddies house,,tried to get him to buy an urban, JBT outfit but he wouldnt do it,,,dunno why

Not trying to argue but unless they've changed their policy my catalog says LE with letter head only. If they sell to anyone I'm stocking up, they are only an hour away for me. My LE ID. is still on file.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#15]
i've found a few plances, and you don't need to me LE to get them, but the flashbangs are LE/mil only

http://www.strategosstore.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=664&1=670&2=-1
http://store.yahoo.com/triplenickel/bagr.html
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
i've found a few plances, and you don't need to me LE to get them, but the flashbangs are LE/mil only

http://www.strategosstore.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=664&1=670&2=-1
http://store.yahoo.com/triplenickel/bagr.html

strategos store wont sell to jus anyone, you do need letterhead. It should state this at the bottom of their NonLethalStuff, dunno about that other company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top