Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2012 10:25:57 AM EDT
Lookin to break my nfa cherry. I'm looking pretty hard at a sparrow. Those of you with the new stainless version how do you like it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
It is perfect. What more can I say. There is nothing I can think of that I would like to see differently. I love mine!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lookin to break my nfa cherry. I'm looking pretty hard at a sparrow. Those of you with the new stainless version how do you like it.

I love mine, much easier to take apart than my YHM Mite (after firing more than 300 or so rounds) and the sound reduction is leaps and bounds beyond my Mite as well. I am so happy I got mine.

the ONLY thing I can say even remotely negative is that I think it looks coolest on a P22 or SigMosquito or other similar 22 and I don't have oen of those, I just have a ruger22/45 and it just looks odd to me on my pistol. But is that even really a actual complaint or just me being fucking weird?

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO, it's something you will never regret getting, it's absolutely worth every penny it costs and every minute of the wait.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Love mine. Super quiet and easy to take apart after heavy use. SilencerCo takes care of their customers too.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Love, Love, Love

Love it so much I got 2!
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 5:59:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love mine, much easier to take apart than my YHM Mite (after firing more than 300 or so rounds) and the sound reduction is leaps and bounds beyond my Mite as well. I am so happy I got mine.

the ONLY thing I can say even remotely negative is that I think it looks coolest on a P22 or SigMosquito or other similar 22 and I don't have oen of those, I just have a ruger22/45 and it just looks odd to me on my pistol. But is that even really a actual complaint or just me being fucking weird?

You said it, I didn't
Mine looks great on my 22/45 with a Burris fastfire dot
Looks great on my 10/22 with Tacsol threaded barrel, too
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Love mine.

I'll have another at some point.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said it, I didn't

well I am glad you like the looks, I think my problem (if you can even call it that) with the looks is that I was used to the plain looking Mite on the gun and now I have this kickass suppressor with fancy end caps and I am not used to that.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#9]
unless you have a full stainless one (i mean one w/ a stainless outer tube too), CLEAN it. i abused mine by shooting and refusing to cleaning, big mistake. it's leaded up and it took a wood dowel to knock the core out of the tube, it was also a b*tch to unscrew it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Well that makes me feel better. I just got a kick out of the silencerco videos. It looks more like a sales pitch for the aac element. But I want somthin that's easy to clean and will last a lifetime with good cust support to back it up. Now I just need to wait for my dealer to send a quote so I can get the ball rolling. I'm planning on using it on a buckmark and my dads s&w m&p22 pistol. Plus in the future I'd like to build a 10/22 sbr.

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well that makes me feel better. I just got a kick out of the silencerco videos. It looks more like a sales pitch for the aac element. But I want somthin that's easy to clean and will last a lifetime with good cust support to back it up. Now I just need to wait for my dealer to send a quote so I can get the ball rolling. I'm planning on using it on a buckmark and my dads s&w m&p22 pistol. Plus in the future I'd like to build a 10/22 sbr.

Before you lay your money down, wait for the upcoming Sound vid test on the new Spectre II from Silencerco/SWR.

You probably won't hear/see a "POP! poof poof poof" .  

Link Posted: 2/10/2012 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It is perfect. What more can I say. There is nothing I can think of that I would like to see differently. I love mine!!!

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
unless you have a full stainless one (i mean one w/ a stainless outer tube too), CLEAN it. i abused mine by shooting and refusing to cleaning, big mistake. it's leaded up and it took a wood dowel to knock the core out of the tube, it was also a b*tch to unscrew it.

Guess what!? I have the aluminum version and it's AWESOME!!! Is it really hard to pull apart after a shooting session and brush off? No.
Don't wait 300 million rounds. Be smart. It's metal and heat we are talking about. The sparrow is the cat's meow. Alum OR SS...
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I actually think Silencerco should still offer the aluminum version of the Sparrow with an improvement or two made by the stainless version. Particularly I like how the stainless tube is corrugated at the end to lock up with the baffle stack, so that the tube can't spin freely.

I have both the aluminum and stainless Sparrows, and while I love my stainless Sparrow, there is something to be said for shaving those few ounces off by going with aluminum. When I ordered my stainless Sparrow, I didn't really think that little bit of difference would matter, but on a pistol I can tell the difference between the two like night and day.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#15]
It's an awesome can. I have an older sparrow that I had upgraded and it rocks! I want another one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said it, I didn't

Hey KiowaCreekRaider, send me a pictures of your set up. I have the same set up but my form 4 has been pending since Sept. 14, if I see a pictures of what mine is going to look like than I can sit there and drool!

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Love mine so much I upgraded it to SS, and then bought one of the new SS to have as a backup.  Great little suppressors and should hold up for many many years to come.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for all the help got my quote I was waiting on check is going out tomorrow

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top