Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 4:34:22 PM EDT
I have a DSA stg58.  I didn't like the wobbly rear sight so I replaced it with DSA part 110F (short hooded peep sight assembly).  The sight starts at 200M.  To get it zeroed at 100M, I had to screw the front site post all the way down and then still file down some more.  Its just a little stub now, but its zeroed.  Is this normal, or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I share the same symptom on my STG (lowered the front sight all the way).  Tagged for any insights.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a DSA stg58.  I didn't like the wobbly rear sight so I replaced it with DSA part 110F (short hooded peep sight assembly).  The sight starts at 200M.  To get it zeroed at 100M, I had to screw the front site post all the way down and then still file down some more.  Its just a little stub now, but its zeroed.  Is this normal, or am I missing something?

There are different height front sights so you do not have to file them down.  It is a dot system.  It goes from 0 dots to 4 dots.  0 dots is the lowest post you can get  (raises the the POI).  4 dots is the highest post you can get (lowers the POI).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top