Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2002 3:24:01 PM EDT
what the hell?  he was nice to me and said that other people have tried to get them but it has to be on a leo letterhead...how come remington doesn't get shit for this from everyone?  it's just a bolt rifle anyway.  i might go with the savage tactical instead...not sure though.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Just do yourself a favor and get the Remington 700 VS. Basically the same rifle. Shoots the same. Cheaper than a PSS too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#3]
that's weird.  they sell them all over the place in Colorado, so I would assume you can order them.  I know for a  fact that Dave's Guns is selling them new to the average peon cause a buddy of mine bought one...
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Remington Arms is distributed and repped through one network, and their LE line is distributed and repped through another.

Some dealers just don't want to deal with the LE line.  Get a dealer you like and have him order one from Kiesler's or another wholesaler.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Hoplite, Inc.
P.O. Box 6599 Shepherdsville, Ky 40165
502-955-5014
Police Tact M700 $749.99
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Costa Arms
(603)-642-8677
$685
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Find someone who will do the transfer and wants your business, and then order it yourself.
Link Posted: 2/23/2002 11:49:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard that Remington only makes runs of law enforcement weapons one or two times a year. What you see on the civilian market are distributor overstock never bought by police departments.

My guess is that if you try to buy straight from Remington or certain other distributors who do mainly leo sales they would be the ones asking for leo letterhead.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
that's weird.  they sell them all over the place in Colorado, so I would assume you can order them.  I know for a  fact that Dave's Guns is selling them new to the average peon cause a buddy of mine bought one...

Same deal in CT, and lord knows CT ain't Disney World for gun owners.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 2:35:23 AM EDT
[#10]
inferno715,
Your dealer is lying to you.  Anyone can buy a PSS.  The Savage is a fine-shooting rifle right out of the box but do yourself a favor and hold out for the Remington.  It is just, overall, a better-built rifle.  Just my free advice.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 3:02:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy the Savage and spend the xtra $ on your optics.
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 3:16:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Iferno:

I have the PSS in .308 and I can highly recommend it.  It does not require letterhead and should be available for purchase.  I saw 3 for sale at a local shop last Thursday.  You may have to do some searching.  Keep hope.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#13]
they're usually really nice to me in there, but i remember having a little trouble getting them to order an AR lower for me too..i can only think of a one other store in town i could try..but if i hop over (5min drive)to MN there might be a few more.  would it be rude of me to bring the phone#s that are listed above into the shop?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Costa Arms
(603)-642-8677
$685

I'll second that.

My PSS from Costa Arms was my first internet firearms transaction.  

I had my local dealer recieve the rifle and do the transfer.  They said there was no way I was getting a new rifle for the price Costa charged.  They changed their tune when the rifle arrived.

Costa apparently does a fair amount of internet business and made the whole process as worry free as possible, by keeping me constantly informed of the status of my order.

I'd use them again in a minute.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 6:09:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Your dealer is just a dick. Remington does ask dealers to sell them only to LEO but puts not restriction on doing so nor do they check. Just buy your rifle and all your other stuff fo that matter from a more freedom loving establishment.
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Remington is a little weird about their "police" line of weapons.  Including both the 700PSS and the 11-87P.  There is no reason you cannot own any of their products.  I once had a police type store tell me that they couldn't sell me a PSS.  I said, "Why not?  You've already sold me two other ones and a SSG besides."  They shut up and sold me another one.  A local gun store here in Orem, Utah has them on the shelf.  I just ordered a 11-87P through another local dealer.  Remington does not show the "police" line on their normal web page.  You can look at them at www.remingtonle.com     Best.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Does Costa Arms have a website?  I did a quick search and couldn't come up with anything.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Costa Arms
15 Church Street, Kingston, NH 03848
(603) 642-8677
[email protected]

Watch Six handy website thanks
www.remingtonle.com/

Link Posted: 3/1/2002 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#19]
i should have put the update here instead of a new topic..anyway i got one on special order from a different store.  $734 after taxes.  not too bad.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Adjustable factory trigger on Rem700 is cool.  I've adjusted mine (.308PSS detachable mag) so trigger pull is lighter and smoother.  Then I mounted Leupold VariX III tactical scope.  Mine doesn't like the Blackhill Match ammo for some reason.  It shoots like crap.  Federal Match works fine.  Since ammo prices are so high in People's Republic of Kalifornia, I've since stopped shooting match ammo.  Barrel is quite worn out by now from shooting it too much.  Have fun with yours.  Meanwhile, I'll save up some $ and maybe purchase a FN Police rifle (contact Fulton Armory).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top