Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/10/2010 5:40:12 AM EDT
I mean, without an FFL?

If I sell my TC Hawken on Gunbroker to someone out of state, if I understand, I can ship it to him person to person.

Link Posted: 10/10/2010 6:09:22 AM EDT
At least here in VA, a muzzleloader does NOT have to be shipped by a FFL (or to an FFL for the transfer)... It is not classified as a firearm...

I bought my T/C Triumph via Walmart special order and only had to pay for it and carry it out..
Brian
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 4:49:40 PM EDT
I'd check state laws, places like Illinois and Mass. could be weird.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 4:55:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kevthebassman:

+1

State laws vary on muzzle loaders.

Checking Cabelas web site for muzzle loading rifles they say: "Residents of HI, IL, MA, MI, NJ, NY, and WA please check your local laws for restrictions before ordering any black powder firearm."
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:29:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/26/2010 6:07:47 PM EDT by gwitness]
Originally Posted By VaFish:

+1

Checking Cabelas web site for muzzle loading rifles they say: "Residents of HI, IL, MA, MI, NJ, NY, and WA please check your local laws for restrictions before ordering any black powder firearm."

Cabelas rules were written by cya lawyers........WA state has no rules prohibiting the shipment of a muzzle loader without a ffl.

eta...I went through this with Cabelas refusing to ship a ML rifle kit to me.....I ordered it directly from CVA Traditions
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 5:19:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gwitness:
Originally Posted By VaFish:

+1

Cabelas rules were written by cya lawyers........WA state has no rules prohibiting the shipment of a muzzle loader without a ffl.

eta...I went through this with Cabelas refusing to ship a ML rifle kit to me.....I ordered it directly from CVA Traditions

They aren't very good lawyers if your state has no laws against muzzle loaders.

Wonder if there are some cities that have laws against them?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 8:10:56 AM EDT
"Very good lawyers" Isn't that an oxymoron?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:37:25 AM EDT
you could put disclaimer text in your auction that it is up to the bidder to know the laws in his state

then, also, try to verify the laws in the buyers state from one of several online gun law resources
Top Top