Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 5:29:30 PM EST
i have an mfi lowmount that i wish to use on my ptr, but i am not sure about which larue mount to use. i would like to use a QD system so i can take the scope off quickly and use it on other rifles. the spr mounts seem perfect for the flat top ar platforms and then there is the larue QD rings and the larue QD picatinny rail.

anyone have a setup like this? also open to suggestions of other manufacturers mounts.

thanks for your help.

bill p
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:52:31 AM EST
I had a setup like this before I sold my PTR. Are you using a stock with a cheek riser of any sort? I used the SPR mount attaced to a B&T rail but I had a HK SG1 stock so that I could get a good cheek weld.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:17:18 PM EST
yep, i have one of the magpul prs stocks. do you remember which model of spr mounts you had. i think there are 4 types - the regular lt-104, the extended eye relief lt-139, the the elevated scope height one lt-135, and there is a spr mount that has a lower ring height lt-158.

thanks

bill p
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:01:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By hydroranger:
yep, i have one of the magpul prs stocks. do you remember which model of spr mounts you had. i think there are 4 types - the regular lt-104, the extended eye relief lt-139, the the elevated scope height one lt-135, and there is a spr mount that has a lower ring height lt-158.

thanks

bill p

I was the standard correct height for an AR15. It was not the low or extended I know that for sure.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:11:13 AM EST
I have an MFI rail with a LaRue SPR-S, which is the short version, holding up a Leupold Mk 4 1.5-5 MR/T.

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7604/ptr91wscopehg6.jpg

Works very well and not so tall that I have problems with a good cheek weld.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:45:48 PM EST
thanks guys for your input. helps a bunch...and clonehead, that picture is perfect. i like that setup.

thanks

bill p
Top Top