Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/31/2002 6:41:22 PM EDT
had my ruger for 5 years,never had a problem,took it out for a hunt this weekend and after firing my mag and the working parts stayed to the rear the gas plug fell out,is this commen?never happened to me before,any help would be great.gunner out
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 6:49:29 PM EDT
the gas piston i think i was suppose to say
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:02:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gunnermark:
the gas piston i think i was suppose to say

I think Ruger will fix it for free.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:36:55 PM EDT
I think it's threaded. It probably just needs to be torque tightened back onto the gas block again. Ruger will probably do that for you, so don't void your warranty just yet. Besides, if I recall from the Mini-14 manual I had, they wouldn't tell you what the torque setting was.

themao
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:55:10 PM EDT
I never heard of that happening before. I have one to keep my many ARs company, and it certainly has never done that and it is very reliable.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:29:06 AM EDT
i have no idea,not a good thing when your reloading,like i said the working parts came back,i tilted it up to reload,and released the bolt,heard this ching in the stock and the bolt would'nt go fully home,when i pulled it apart i found the gas piston rolling around in the stock,it was a first for me, thanks for your guys help,takeing it up to the gunsmith soon as,gunner out,ps, we can't get ar's here so the ruger will do,that and my 590 pump.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:54:54 PM EDT
The gas piston on the Mini-14 is held in place by a small bushing that fits into a hole drilled in to the bushing and the barrel. It is pressed in place by the 4 allen head bolts that are on the gas block. Either your bushing is missing, broken or your gas block assembly is loose and the bushing fell out. It is very easy to install call Ruger and I am sure they will send you one. Good Luck Joe
Top Top