Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2011 10:40:02 AM EDT
i recently in the process of building a sbr i have been reading around and have'nt seen much feed back on rra sbr. Do they make quality products. i am also looking to suppress it too i was thinking of a yhm phantom any feed back would be great.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 1:00:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If you plan on running a high volume of ammo through this SBR I'd consider LMT, Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, or Spikes. RRA would be ok for a plinking upper.

As far as suppression the SS YHM Phantom is heavier than others but many people here really like them. When I have the $$ put away I'm going to get the Phantom 762 Titanium (15oz) from my local C3. I've shot the SS 762 (28oz) on my 10.5" and 12" uppers and its not bad for little range sessions but an extended period would probably get a little heavy.  For the ability to get additional usage from it I'd strongly consider the 30cal YHM cans if you shoot anything larger than 556.  The other reason I'm looking at the Ti 762 is because I shoot 762x39, 65 Grendel, and 68spc. Good luck on your build.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#2]
i have been looking and really needed the info thanks i will seriously look into those brands
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

If you plan on running a high volume of ammo through this SBR I'd consider LMT, Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, or Spikes. RRA would be ok for a plinking upper.

As far as suppression the SS YHM Phantom is heavier than others but many people here really like them. When I have the $$ put away I'm going to get the Phantom 762 Titanium (15oz) from my local C3. I've shot the SS 762 (28oz) on my 10.5" and 12" uppers and its not bad for little range sessions but an extended period would probably get a little heavy. For the ability to get additional usage from it I'd strongly consider the 30cal YHM cans if you shoot anything larger than 556. The other reason I'm looking at the Ti 762 is because I shoot 762x39, 65 Grendel, and 68spc. Good luck on your build.

What makes those brands any better than any other quality upper?
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me be the first to say that RRA builds a quality product. I carry an Entry Tactical as my duty rifle everyday. It has never failed me, the only failures I have had are those that I induced during training.

I also have a factory RRA sbr as well as a Colt 6933, Noveske Diplomat, and Larue OBR Lite sbr. I would not hesitate for a minute to use my RRA sbr on duty and trust my life to it. It works and takes all the abuse I can dish out to it.

I will tell you that the new SWR Specwar Suppressor is showing some pretty awesome specs. SWR is claiming to have specs of 135db with a 10.5 barrel and 133bd out of a 14.5" barrel. Quick attach method and includes the mount for 700.00! Length is 7.2" long, 1.5" diameter, and weights 19 oz. The weight of the Specwar is close to the SS phantom at 20 oz. The 308 Phantom ss phantom is 28 oz.

The titanium suppressors have shooting restrictions, last time I spoke to YHM it was 2 mags on full auto then let cool to touch. It should not be a problem on a semi sbr.

I do have a Specwar on order as I want to compare it to my M4-2000. (M4-2K seems to set the standard) Since the M4 2k is right at 1k (can be had cheaper) and the specwar is 700.00, I really hoping it works out. I also ordered it with the muzzle break to keep the erosion down as its going to be primarily on my sbr's.
Link Posted: 4/27/2011 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

As far as suppression the SS YHM Phantom is heavier than others but many people here really like them. When I have the $$ put away I'm going to get the Phantom 762 Titanium (15oz) from my local C3. I've shot the SS 762 (28oz) on my 10.5" and 12" uppers and its not bad for little range sessions but an extended period would probably get a little heavy. For the ability to get additional usage from it I'd strongly consider the 30cal YHM cans if you shoot anything larger than 556. The other reason I'm looking at the Ti 762 is because I shoot 762x39, 65 Grendel, and 68spc. Good luck on your build.

What makes those brands any better than any other quality upper?

CMT  makes colt plus stagg and Rock River, the only difference is the roll stamp and markings, other than that they are all the same
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

CMT  makes colt plus stagg and Rock River, the only difference is the roll stamp and markings, other than that they are all the same

There's still people that think this?

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I already have my 10.5 rra sir ordered then I also have the yhm flip up front sight and yam diamond forarm rail ordered. Now I just need a suppressor. I am thinking about the yhm phantom since my dealer has the stainless one in stock
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Good purchase. I have a RRA 9mm SBR that runs like a watch, wouldn't change it for any other brand. I don't get where people downgrade one brand over another. Several years ago, Bushmaster was the finest quality rifle and parts out there. Now, people wouldn't wipe their ass with one?? Don't worry, RRA will be back in style soon enough.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I did some research on the matter I figured they were a decent gun now the wait I have a 60 to 90 day wait just to get my upper it sucks
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The titanium suppressors have shooting restrictions, last time I spoke to YHM it was 2 mags on full auto then let cool to touch. It should not be a problem on a semi sbr.

The rep at the NRA show last weekend said 3 mags.  

Gemtech said they haven't been able to destroy one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top