Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2002 9:47:28 PM EDT
are these things ok shooters? the price is right, but will she run?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
and what about firestorm? those things are so dirt cheap i wondered if they were selling cardboard cut outs of a 1911. do these firestorm preform as the price would suggest (under 300, so im leary)
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Why buy the Rock Island when you can get the Springfield Mil-Spec for $450?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Given that they are a $300 gun they are quite nice. At least the one I saw, all parts are interchangable.

I don't know about the firestorm.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:45:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
and what about firestorm?

I may be wrong, but I believe Firestorm is a new name for BERSA of Argentina.  Their .380 pistols are well-regarded by their owners.  Can't speak to the 1911's.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:58:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Firestorm's are made in Spain. They are basicly a new Llama. Don't buy if you are wanting to swap parts with anything else in the future.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Last I heard about them they are made in the Philipines, Frames and slides are castings, not forgings,For the money, I'd go buy a Springfield Mil-Spec,They're made in Brazil, But at least you get good quality Forged frames and slides,I had one, Frame to slide fit was tight, finish was nicely done,trigger was'nt bad, it was reliable,It just wasn't what I really wanted,ended up trading it for a Kimber Custom Classic Target It's a sweetheart
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out the Griffon. I have good things about them.
www.sprinco.com/griffon/

About The Deal
By a special limited purchase arrangement with the importer of the Griffon 1911 A-1 Combat, Sprinco USA is pleased to offer this feature-packed handgun to you at a price that is $10.00 lower than our regular Distributor Cost of $379.95 (regular Dealer Cost is $399.95).
These guns feature a [Combat] Commander Slide mounted on a 1911-sized frame, Green-Red 2-dot P-T Night Sights, Extended Slide Lock, Beveled Mag Well, Chrome Lined Barrel, and much more (See "features" section below). The aftermarket cost of the upgrade features and gunsmithing alone would exceed your total purchase cost of this exceptional firearm value! Grab your calculator and start adding 'em up just to prove it to yourself.
There is nothing cheap about these guns other than the cost of acquisition. There are no gimmicks! The frames and slides are forged and machined. They are interchangeable with Colt Parts. They are manufactured in the Republic of South Africa by Continental Arms. All Warranty Service (One Year Parts and Labor, Lifetime Warranty on P-T Night Sight Tritium) is handled in Fort Worth, Texas. Each gun is inspected for fit and function and double-checked by factory-certified gunsmiths prior to shipment from the importer to Sprinco. Mark our word - you will look back and kick yourself if you pass on this deal!
The supply of these guns is limited, so do not delay in placing your order. They are available on a "first come, first serve" basis, until our supply is exhausted at this special price window.
These guns are IDPA legal. The barrel is not ported, but the slide is. This is so that you can have the barrel ported if you'd like, and it also serves well as a grip for press-checking your gun.

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
woa, that looks like a sweet deal. that thing is loaded. anyone know more about the above pistol?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my RIA 1911a1 and I'm going to get another.(300.00 NIB)
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Buzz in Griffon owners!!  I'd sure like to hear more about them.  Looks like a damn good deal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#11]
yah, what freak said. that looks like a ass kickin deal. night sights and the whole deal.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top