Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 4:32:57 PM EDT
I just ran into a gentleman who has a .22 revolving rifle made by some Italian outfit way back when. It has two cylinders, .22 mag and .22LR, long barrel (well longer than apistol, maybe only 18-20 inch total) and is a single action, with a rod sticking out the front of the foreguard to pop out cartridges.

Anyone here familiar with these and what they may be worth?  (He is sellign it, and I am buying it, and I feel I am gettign a fair price on it, but am always actually itnerested in what they are worth.)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I got it, and pictures will be forthcoming, but I am still curious about the rifle's provenance, anyoen familiar with them at all?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a .22LR copy of the Colt model 1855 revolving rifle.

Does it look anything like this?

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Osprey, that is a fine looking rifle

it does not really look like that at all, it pretty much looks like an SAA with long barrel, it has a foregrip with a long ejector rod running under it, adn the stock is a rifle stock (shaped different than a normal handgun grip, even the fittings are different) and it ahs no buttplate, the stock was finihsed bare, it never had a buttplate....

cylinders in .22mag and .22LR

With any luck I shall ahve pictures up tomorrow
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]

A picture of my new revovler that I cannot find information on

Armi Jager Frontier Carbine... all it has stamped on it that I can recall without digging it out of the safe
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, here's what little I know.

It was made by ARMI-JAGER Co of Turin, Italy between 1968 and 1984 and imported by Navy Arms Co. in New Jersy. They were available in .22LR, .22MAG, .357 mag, .44-40 and .45 Colt and were loosely based on Remington's Model 1858 Revolving Carbine.

The value of one in average condition is supposedly about $400.

HTH  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The value of one in average condition is supposedly about $400.

HTH  

Hmmm, Mine is not in bad condition (some minor spotting of rust that seems to have cleaned up nicely with FP10), Color case hardening is very very strong, soem minor scratches in the wood finish, and the rear buttstock is loose, but will probably tighten up, the screw heads also show signs of soemone having used the wrong screwdriver, but nowhere near as bad as I have seen in the past on other weapons.

I paid $200 CDN for it so I guess I did alright, though I should like to find the others in the other calibers now....   and I do wish the cylinders were easier to swap (one has to remove the front foregrip, the the rod to swap them out)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top