Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:38:31 PM EST
I just purchase this replica of the JP Murray carbine. I don't have it yet but hope to have it sometime next week.
Don't know the make as it looks to have the importer marks removed. I am a member of the Washington 4th company and this fits right with the Confederate artillery.
We don't have rifles with us in the group I belong to but I just could not pass this up since I was looking for one. Picture below is the one I bought. Now I need to cast some Minnie balls , learn paper cartilages
and buy a bunch of crap for it. I plan on shooting live rounds at the range as done in the Civil war and maybe hunt with it if I can hit good with it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:21:28 PM EST
Nice
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:12:07 PM EST
I figured out the marks on the barrel. It was an Italian made gun. The first mark was a square with the letters AU in it. This meant it was proofed tested in 1989. Then it was a five point stat and PN under the star. Proof house markings then another proof house markings. Way to the right were the letters DGG forming a circle. This was the manufacture Armi San Paolo which is now Euroarms.
Top Top