Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2011 3:38:53 PM EST
Just curious what the times are for renewal approval on the C&R?
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 4:04:36 PM EST
I'll put it this way, I sent my renewal form in the day after I got it....... I got my license 2 weeks after my old one lapsed, and I had to call them twice to ask about it. That was at the end of last year. It took mine about 4months
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 12:34:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By jnk556:
I'll put it this way, I sent my renewal form in the day after I got it....... I got my license 2 weeks after my old one lapsed, and I had to call them twice to ask about it. That was at the end of last year. It took mine about 4months

I'm going on 4 months and 3 weeks. I've been calling the last week or so. I also emailed and go a response today saying that the customer rep talked to my examiner and she's aware. There's a fine line between being persistent and pissing someone off. I'm not sure I want to cross it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 1:26:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2011 1:27:16 PM EST by M4Michael]
see thread

This is my third renewal and this is the longest it has ever taken. The past two had less than a two week turn time from the date my check cashed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:56:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2011 4:57:41 PM EST by jnk556]
Originally Posted By C-4:

I'm going on 4 months and 3 weeks. I've been calling the last week or so. I also emailed and go a response today saying that the customer rep talked to my examiner and she's aware. There's a fine line between being persistent and pissing someone off. I'm not sure I want to cross it.

I hear you there The e-mail method is a pretty good way of learning a bit, but after a while you just want to know WTF is going on. Calling seems to get results sometimes

Thing that pissed me off was my license was dead 2 weeks before i got my new one, it was back dated for when the last one died. They fucked me out of 2 weeks
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 7:22:13 AM EST
how do you renew the C&R mine expires in December, is there a different form Or do you just fill out the original form that I did as if you were applying all over again?
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 8:12:52 AM EST
You'll receive a renewal form ninety days before the old one expires.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 8:22:44 AM EST
3 weeks out of west va office. i sent it to the ga office as stated on the app, they returned it . sent it to the new mistery office. 3 weeks recieved
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 6:14:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By C-4:

I hear you there The e-mail method is a pretty good way of learning a bit, but after a while you just want to know WTF is going on. Calling seems to get results sometimes

Thing that pissed me off was my license was dead 2 weeks before i got my new one, it was back dated for when the last one died. They fucked me out of 2 weeks

Well, mine just came in. It was back-dated to April so I lost 4+ months. Should have renewed it earlier. I spoke to the lady on the phone who was the one to approve the renewal. She was nice.

I didn't want anything in the interim but now I'm sending copies off. I'd like to get another Yugo M57 since factory magazines are more plentiful and I really like to have a couple of extra spare magazines.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:30:50 PM EST
If you let it expire and apply for a new one, by law they have 60 days. Not to mention your collection in the old bound book is not effectively off limits to their inspections.
Top Top