Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2001 5:10:45 AM EDT
A guy I work with has a remmington 760 he got as a gift when he got out of school. Anyhoo he asked if I wanted to buy it because he needed money. But here is the catch, he wants me to find out what's a good price and pay him the average of what I find out. I cant find nothing on a 760 30-06. I can find this model priced in other calibers for about 400 dollars. Will caliber change the price much? I just want to give him what it's worth( he's a friend). Also he has had it for 15 years or so in storage. Always in a case and once fired.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I was looking for that exact rifle for a friend last year expect 275-350 in good condition from a dealer.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you looked on Gunbroker.com or Auctionarms.com ???

They made these in carbines and rifles I believe, and two different grades of furniture.

I think Busmaster007 has a tricked out one.  Ask him for pics.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Generally, caliber will only change the price of a rifle in cases of standard vs. magnum (i.e. Remington 700 in .308 vs. .300 Mag).

If it's in nice shape, I'd give him $350 or so for it if it were me.  I think you can get a new 7600 (successor to 760) for $400-500.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid $300 for mine and it is perfect.  30-06.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
My .02 - The 760's are a nice rifle, but before you buy, double check the headspace. If I'm not mistaken, the 760 has a two-piece bolt that seemed to develop some problems w/ excess headspace...Remington doesn't make the bolt halves anymore- they're rare, to say the least. (If it was once fired, it doesn't seems to be an issue, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.) Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#6]
squibload, I gave him 300 for it. It is like new. He told me he shot one box of bullets cleaned and put it away for fifteen years! I'm real pleased. The head space? Are all 30-06 headspace gauges made the same or do I need one rifle specific? I have not shot it yet. Almost dont want to. the furniture is high gloss and beautiful. Also with a pump action is the bolt locked closed for firing like a bolt action rifle. What I'm getting at is acuracy. I know a bolt action is more accurate then a semi auto. so other than having to pump it compared to manually working a bolt will it shoot the same as a bolt action? Sorry so many questions but this is how I learn.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The 760 is mainly a hunting rifle and most have very good accuracy. See a lot here in Pa. Also, there are a lot of AR-15's out there that can give a good bolt action a run for the money in the accuracy dept.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top