Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/31/2006 7:33:45 AM EST
does anyone make a shell extender for my 870 20 guage to make it hold more shells
i asked around at the last fun show and nobody had anything
even a tactical shotgun dealer he said remington makes them
anyone know anything?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:19:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/31/2006 11:20:51 AM EST by dfariswheel]
I'm not sure the that Remington makes a magazine extender for the 20 gauge.
Brownell's does list the extension as fitting the 20 gauge, but I'd contact either Remington or Brownell's BEFORE buying to be sure.
Since the 20 gauge magazine tube is smaller, I thinking that these will not fit.
Here's Brownell's listing. Note the prices:
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/catsearch.aspx?k=magazine+extension&ps=10&si=True

However, Choate definitely does offer 20 gauge extensions. These are nearly as good as the Remington, and the price is much better.
In addition, the Choate comes with a better magazine follower.
You can order direct from Choate, or buy from Brownell's.
One advantage of buying from Brownell's is, on request, they'll send you a free copy of their catalog, which is the absolute best "gun stuff" catalog in the world:

Brownell's, (look down the list to 20 gauge:
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=4203&title=SHOTGUN+MAGAZINE+EXTENSION

Direct from Choate: NOTE that Choate extension are available in from 7 to 10 shot models.
This depends on the barrel length of your gun. An 18" barrel will take a 7 shot, a 20" barrel will take an 8.
www.riflestock.com/catalog_page.cfm?queries_index=index10&ProductCode=27&ProductSubCodeID=177&NewProduct=0

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:05:46 PM EST
wow thanks a ton i owe you
i couldnt find anything on them
Top Top