Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 8:15:18 PM EDT
I have one in 30/06 and I'm considering re chambering it to .300 win mag or .338 win mag. So my question is can it be done with a 30/06 length action. I realize it would need to have the bolt changed out probably or maybe the just the bolt face. so is it possible? if so is there anything else that would need to be done?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd keep it as is. They're no longer in production, and I'm sure they'll become increasingly rarer. I'd honestly save up for another gun in .300 win mag or .338 win mag, or if you want to I'm sure you could trade it for another gun chambered in it, but please for the love of God I would not modify a gun out of Production.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
lol its like saying don't modify a amc pacer they dont make them anymore. Its a base model tons of them sold and its not very old so its not going to be worth anything more for a hundred years or so, its not going to be a "classic" or a collectible really. If you can find me somebody that will make the trade for a remington 700 in .300 win mag or a .338 win mag in great shape its going to be changed. I'll start a poll maybe I'm off base here but i'll make sure
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
What year was yours made? If, it was built early  I'd keep it, but If it was made later I'd trade it for another ADL. Who knows maybe the Remington 700(Entire range)  will be out of production soon. That's what happened to Winchester 1300.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah not to likely the 700 series is their cash cow, i guess its worth a shot to trade it (no pun intended)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top