Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 7:35:24 AM EDT
thinking of getting a 870 for home defense, deer hunting and goose hunting.

would like to get this shotgun if they are still avaliable new

Remington 870 Tactical Model 26471 Olive Drab Full Shotgun

http://www.ozarkguns.com/Remington/Tactial%20Shotgun/P1010699.JPG

1] will i be able to put a rifled deer barrel on this[or any] tactical 870? how about a 26" barrel with rem chokes for other hunting? are there longer plugs avaliabe to keep it legal for goose hunting?

2] are bayonet lugs avaliable for the 870? will a m9 bayonet fit on a tactical 870?

3] what type of coating is the rem OD?

anyone deal with ozark guns they are out of gastonia NC?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#1]
i dont know the answers to your questions, but i have one of these. got it at my local gunshop for around 300$ NIB. he still has a few left.

This was my first shotgun ever, and its GREAT. its a dream to shoulder, recoil feels less then my AK (the large rubber buttpad works great) the trigger is PERFECT for a shotgun, action was ultra smooth out the box, and i love the OD finish.

as for durability of the finish, im not sure yet. its been sitting in my room with no oil on it for a couple weeks now and i dont see any rust. thats the extent of my testing on that subject.

I bought this because i wanted a "tactical" shotgun without having to do all the mods myself. it already comes with a pistol grip and an extended capacity, the 2 things i wanted in my first shotgun.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I just came in from a gun show looking at that exact shotgun. The guy has it marked $399, but offered to "let it go" for $379. I thought it was too high. Had he said he'd take $350 I'd be going back to get it right now.

I've been saving up for a Stag M4 upper, but all of a sudden have the urge for a tactical shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#3]
It is a great shotgun and I almost bought it at a gun shop in St. Louis while I was visiting my Mom for Chanukah.  They wanted $400 for it.  The reason I didn't get it was because I would have wanted to modify it to the equivilant of the 870 P Max and after pricing it out, it was cheaper to just get the max (which I just ordered today:).  But after handling it in the store, I can honestly say it is a superb boomstick.  The only thing I would caution is that if you are going to go hunting with slugs, you might want to change out the sights.  It only comes with a front bead sight which will not be accurate to distances.  It is a tactical shotgun and designed for close quarter battle.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#4]
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=310553

Thought you guys might be interested in this one.

I have no clue who the seller is, just saw that on the EE.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought an 870 Tactical Magnum about five weeks ago and then added a few parts.  My local dealer sell them new for $359.  I bought mine from him used, by never fired, for $300 even.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/greenst/870R.jpg
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]
you will be able to swap any barrel you want onto this shotgun,

I do not know about the bayo lug so much.. but i can see that the extenson has the outcroping for one.. perhaps a barrel clamp with a bayo lug would work.

and i dont know...

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:50:27 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks for the replys, figured you could swap the barrels but wanted to make sure.

any idea where i could get a clamp with a bayonet lug? is the rem OD coating better or worse than the rem black wrinkle coating? how about the rem OD compaired to bluing and parkerizing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top