Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 6:52:54 AM EDT
I was at the range and picked up a bunch of 308 that seems to have been shot from an HK.  Has the typical dark black lines that go down the length and some decent dents in the sides of the cases.  I tumbled it all and overall most of them are pretty good but the dents got me thinking if they are alright.
anyone do this or think it would be alright?  I would be reloading it to shoot out of a 308 bolt gun.

I'll take some pics of the brass, and get it up here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The H&Ks have  fluted chambers....never heard of anyone having problems reloading the cases shot thru them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I do it all the time. No problem at all.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I reload them for the wife's M770.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend back in the mid 80's had federal nickel plated brass, and the stripping looked like a zebra!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
-----> DUPE on 5-30-2008
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#7]
alright I will see what I can do.  these will be my first .308 reloads so they will be light charges to start off with, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had any luck with them.

there are some that have some very good dings that will end up being scrap (most of these are from the deflector I think), and some of them have bent mouths, but I got those close to a good circle and they will straighten out in the lee die.

I'll use lee dies for these for the stuck cases as I am sure there will end up being a few.

thank for the help guys Ill let you know how it goes once I get to work on them all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top