Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2013 5:11:50 PM EDT
Hey guys and gals,

Unfortunately, my grandfather recently passed away, and I got a little bit of money.  I'd like to spend it on something that will be with me forever, and a bullpup firearm came to mind.  I can't hold much weight in my left arm, at least not steadily (thanks to a distracted driver 8 years ago), and the bullpup's rearward center of gravity would greatly alleviate this issue.  

That said, I'm also becoming a trigger snob of sorts.  In fact, it was my experience shooting an AUG that turned me off from bullpup firearms, and I haven't revisited the idea until now.  Specifically, I hated the heavy trigger, and even more the ridiculously long trigger reset (yes, I understand the original purpose for long trigger travel in the AUG).

What is the smoothest, lightest trigger I can get on an easily obtainable bullpup firearm right now?  I'm looking for a fun, and reliable gun with a great trigger - that's it.  

I understand that good triggers are hard to find in bullpups.  I know there have been some trigger mods to various bullpups over the years, but I don't know what is out there in today's market.
In case you are wondering, other ideas competing against the bullpup are:

1. another silencer + $200 donation to the govt

2. XDm 9mm + PRP trigger kit  (to match my XDm .40)

3. Glock + RONI SBR conversion + $200 donation to the govt

4. SCAR 16s (though price may rule this one out)

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Bullpup with a good trigger? I don't think they exist. I guess the best I have ever felt was an old Norinco bullpup AK.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I understand there is a pretty sweet aftermarket trigger for the ps90s. Same doesn't go for my fs2000. Trigger is terrible.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The trigger in my new Aug A3 wasn't bad. Alot better then either of our SCAR rifles.

And after adding the Neu-Trigger to it, its abit better then 2 of my AR15 rifles.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Best bullpup trigger.... Maybe not what you wanted though.

http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:38:50 AM EDT
[#5]
K&M Arms claims that their M17S derivative is going to have like a 3.5lb trigger. That's the best I've ever heard of on an "assault-style" bullpup.

After that, an upgraded AUG trigger is your best bet.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Steyr Aug A-3 with the RATWORX 2020 SEAR/TRIGGER MOD  . FYI you can buy the Steyr Aug with the 2020 installed from Ratworx. Get the charging handle  also .
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Geiselle has stated that their Tavor trigger is in the design phase.  Hopefully that means it will be available soon.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#8]
That would be great! I just picked up my TAVOR and they wern't kidding about the bad trigger pull. I don't see what the whining about the Aug trigger is based on. It is a lot better than other bullpup triggers. If Geissele comes up with a trigger for the Tavor I'll be all over that one. Tavor has the worst triiger that I've ever experienced.It has to be 12 lbs, easy. The Aug feels to be about 6 lbs.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geiselle has stated that their Tavor trigger is in the design phase.  Hopefully that means it will be available soon.
View Quote

Can't wait.  Looking at the factory design it appears to be intentionally horrible, for "safety" or whatever.  

The general limiting factor in bullpups making their triggers poor is the method of transfer bars linking the trigger to the sear over a much greater distance than in a conventional rifle.  The Tavors transfer bar is incredibly smooth and well thought out.  All of the weight and mush in that trigger is in the trigger pack itself.

The RFB solved the issue by eliminating the transfer bar and moving the sear.  The link between the sear and the hammer is then actuated by the function of the rifle rather than your trigger finger.

So to answer the OP's question, the best bullpup trigger on the market currently is the RFB, and the Tavor has super potential not just because Geiselle is looking at it, but because the factory has already solved the most limiting factor.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That would be great! I just picked up my TAVOR and they wern't kidding about the bad trigger pull. I don't see what the whining about the Aug trigger is based on. It is a lot better than other bullpup triggers. If Geissele comes up with a trigger for the Tavor I'll be all over that one. Tavor has the worst triiger that I've ever experienced.It has to be 12 lbs, easy. The Aug feels to be about 6 lbs.
View Quote

Removing the extra spring helps significantly.  If you pop out the trigger pack and look you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Removing the extra spring helps significantly.  If you pop out the trigger pack and look you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just don't let IWI know you did it, they will void your warranty!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine has bee working flawlessly without the spring for 4 month and 2000 rounds ,easy and worth the effort .
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Stock, out of the box best semi-auto bullpup trigger would go to the RFB, believe it or not.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You should hear the crickets chirping.  There are no good bullpup triggers.  Some designs claimed to be in the works but...

-- Chuck
View Quote

you dolts are clueless. rfb is great. so is dt
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Not a true bullpup rifle, but maybe that explains why it's trigger is so much better than others.

Mine has a > 4.0 lb trigger

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
K&M Arms claims that their M17S derivative is going to have like a 3.5lb trigger. That's the best I've ever heard of on an "assault-style" bullpup. . . .
View Quote

^^^ +1!
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I always wanted a M17S when they were on the market.  The new version looks interesting.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Best bullpup trigger.... Maybe not what you wanted though.

http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/

View Quote

Too rich for my blood, and I really don't need anything above 5.56.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:00:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Steyr Aug A-3 with the RATWORX 2020 SEAR/TRIGGER MOD  . FYI you can buy the Steyr Aug with the 2020 installed from Ratworx. Get the charging handle  also .
View Quote

Sold out

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Nice to hear that they are working on one!

Who has the best price on a FDE Tavor?

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 5:36:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Neu trigger in my AUG A3 made a BIG difference.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Neu trigger in my AUG A3 made a BIG difference.
View Quote

This. A world of difference in my AUG. That doesn't mean it's going to be like a match trigger. More like a standard GI.

Good trigger and bullpup aren't typically used in the same sentence. I have only shoulderd and dry fired a Tavor. It had the worst trigger of any firearm I have pulled the trigger on. That being said, I wouldn't count it out. Geisele and Timney are said to be working on triggers for the Tavor, and removing a spring (as many have already shared) seems to be a big help. No matter what Bullpup you chose, there will be ways to improve the trigger. I wouldn't let the stock trigger sway your decision.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#24]
The KelTec RFB trigger is far better than the ones in my AUG, Tavor, or FNs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The KelTec RFB trigger is far better than the ones in my AUG, Tavor, or FNs.
View Quote

The RFB has a nicer trigger because the sear is at the trigger, instead of at the rear with a long trigger linkage.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Best triggers are the rfb and ksg then ps90

Worst are the fs2000 and tavor. Heavy but tavor has a cleaner break than the fs2000

Msar aug usr are in the middle. I think the msar is a little crisper

M17s was about like a aug is you greased up the trigger link a lot or it was
gritty as hell
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top