Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 10:40:00 AM EDT
Can some people reccomend a few different pouches to collect spent rifle mags please. I need to find one for some training in a bit. I know people used to be big on the Maxpedition stuff. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Nearly every manufacturer makes a dump pouch of some type.  

It is all personal preference.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to use the Rolypoly until I tried the CSM dump pouch.  I'm now sold on the CSM version.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the Rolypoly.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends on how you'll be using it.

Many people prefer the roll-up pouches like the Rolly Polly.  If you want something that is there for occasional use and doesn't take up much space then they are great.

For me, I find that a box style pouch works better.  When I'm not wearing the gear I leave my gloves, eye pro and ear pro in the pouch so I can just grab it and go.  I'm not military or LE so when I am wearing the gear I'm actively shooting at the range, usually attending a class.  That means the pouch has things I need often like a stapler and tape for pasting targets and the mags are constantly coming in and out.  Also, I wear the pouch toward the rear and the box style is easier to get things in and out of with one hand and without looking at it.  With the Rolly Polly I had to close the flap to keep things from falling out and then needed both hands to reopen it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]
When I"m on the range I use CSMs.   They're well built and roomy enough to hold my empty mags.   They do take up a lot of space on the belt, but it's not so much a problem for me since I run mines at the 7-8 'o clock position.   Another good thing about it is that I can roll it back up w/ one hand.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]
the ATS tactical gear is nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top