Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2009 12:25:17 PM EDT
My dad aquired a bag of knives over the years, They have been mine since his death.
I always knew what most of them were with the excepton of this one

I have started looking around ebay –– never really messed with it before –– punched in ww2 miltitary knives and scrolled down and saw ones that looked like mine.
the ones on ebay had makers marks ie. Collins, CaseXX and Kinfolks and identified as V44 or #18 bowie.

the one pictured has no big name makers marks on blade or leather sheave. It feels like its quality however the handle seems kinda rough finishing wise –– not as nice as blade it seems and the rivets do not look as burly as the ones I saw on ebay

anybody know about WW2 knives? is it a repro or just a unmarked knife that left the factory?

not looking to sell and thought I'd try in here before joining some military knife forum to find out more about it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2009 4:22:20 PM EDT
think I found it

http://arms2armor.com/Knives/chindit.htm
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 12:01:26 PM EDT
That's a nice blade - I'd hang on to it. It already appears to be a collectors piece.
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 6:30:15 PM EDT
hey nemisis yeah I'm not planning on selling it anytime soon.
not sure if its real seems like its in way better condition than the example shown in link –– maybe its some killer rare good shape one I don't know.
I tried posting in a knife forum in a military sub forum and recieved no real informative replies. Just from the bit I looked apparently lots of people contact military knife sellers wanting info and they seem sorta snarky with stuff  posted on their sites about appraisals fees and "don't waste my time,unless you wanna pay for it" roundabout phrasing.
If and when I do decide to sell it I'll  post it on ebay along with the link and good pictures and let the free market put a value on it.
altho be nice to have someone say "its a repro" or "man! thats a rare 500 buck knife!"
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 1:03:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:17:15 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Aimless:
There is a guy on blade forums who will I'd knives, has his own forum, I think.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

thanks Aimless posted over there as well
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top