Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 9:31:12 AM EDT
ok when the bolt is locked in the rear (like when your magazine is empty) is it normal for your charging handle to be able to moved to the forward position.  And if this is infact the way it works when it is moved forward after the bolt is locked in the rear does the charing handle stay up in the forward position as shots are being fire off or does it cycle back and forth with the shots like an AK 47.....the only reason i ask is because i just bought it yesturday and i took it apart for a clean/inspect...everything looked good i just want to make sure I put it back together correctly .....and i did use so instructions from the FALform.com

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The charging hadle works independently.  It does not cycle with the bolt.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
On metric FALs the handle has a spring loaded plunger that should keep it in the forward position. Inch rifles also have a lever that flips down and locks the handle to the receiver. FSE used to make a folding metric operating handle and some guys have modified inch folders to fit metric rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top