Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2008 7:24:27 AM EDT
Hello I'm thinking about getting a axr from tpd but it looks like they are out of stock but I wanted to know if the parts are interchangeable with a steyr aug or are the parts different and if any one owns one or has any opinions on it I would like to here about it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It is my understanding that many AXR parts are interchangeable with AUG but I'll let someone that owns one or is from TPD confirm that.

I have been chomping at the bit with money burning a hole in my pocket for an AXR. I received an e-mail on 5-22 from them saying they would be ready to accept deposits in 3-4 weeks after that e-mail.  

I know they have been making efforts to ramp up production. I have to respect them for not accepting deposits before they are sure they can deliver without an extended wait.  Looking forward to getting word that they are ready to go.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hello I'm thinking about getting a axr from tpd but it looks like they are out of stock but I wanted to know if the parts are interchangeable with a steyr aug or are the parts different and if any one owns one or has any opinions on it I would like to here about it.

The AXR is awesome.  I have one and absolutely love it.  The Lancer L5 mags didn't come with the gun, those are mine

From what I understand, many of the parts are interchangeable with the Steyr, and Kent plans on making US parts for the AUG and USR.

Some good reading:

TPD AXR Thread on ARFCOM

TPD's Website

TPD's Forums

All in all, I highly recommend it.  One nice thing is you can email Kent direct, and he will respond.  They'll take care of you!
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I own one and it's truly a beautifully put together rifle, highly recommended from me.

As far as parts and compatibility, you really need to call TPD if you have a specific part you are curious about but the majority of the TPD AXR is made of Steyr original AUG parts.

The entire NATO stock assy, hammer group, buttplate, charging handle, bolt carrier, takedown pins are Steyr OEM.

In fact currently the AXR rifle must use US made mags for 922r compliance.

Again if you have specific questions about any given part, you need to contact TPD but this should give you an overview.

Get one, you'll like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top