Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:46:31 PM EDT
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but what kind of knife does Jack Bower use on 24?  It is a tanto blade that opens straight out of the top and has a notch in the back side toward the tipof the blade.  How much does this type of knife cost?  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a microtech Scarab and its about $300
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow that thing is badass!  Thanks for answering my question so fast!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#4]
oops sorry for the incorrect info ive only seen the show and the knife once he used it to open a box i thought it was a scarab at a glance
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#5]
So it has that long charging handle that sticks out the bottom then it moves up into the handle once the blade is extended?  Is that correct?  It doesn't seem like it would be very concealable when closed due to the charging handle.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
fun fact:  jack took a microtech halo from a bad guy in season 1 and ever since it appears on the show.  sooner to answer your question no the charging handle isnt always extended in fact its always closed, after the blade has been deployed you would pull the charging handle back to retract the blade and then the charging handle retracts also.  If you are interested in the automatics Microtech makes a bunch of DA or double action kinves that deploy and retract with the flick of a switch rather than a charging handle.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the fact.  I have only seen season 4 and currently season 5 and I really like the show.  Those knives look freakin awesome and I would like to have one some day.  Is there any way to buy one if you aren't military or law enforcement?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the notch in the balde for doing?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#9]
The notch is for the lockup when retracted.

As for ownership that would depend on your state/local laws. We have no restrictions on automatic knives in my state and I carry my HALO II and III fairly often.

My HALO II

And HALO III
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The notch is for the lockup when retracted.

As for ownership that would depend on your state/local laws. We have no restrictions on automatic knives in my state and I carry my HALO II and III fairly often.

My HALO II
glocktalk.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=5593138

And HALO III
www.glocktalk.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=5705666

Very nice blades and very nice photography.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#11]
OOOOOOOO im jealous.  I want one!  Can I buy one if I live in TX? (im moving back soon when I graduate college)
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top