Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2006 3:56:47 AM EDT
ive been deadset on a pair of goggles fora while because theres so many thing you can do with them besides shooting, as far as driveing, watching a wide open area, and so forth, my question is can you see through your aimpoint scopes and still see clearly to shoot as well as shooting anything in general, how hard is it to do while useing the goggles,

i feel like for a weapon mount the 14 is the better route but thats sch a narrow range of operaion, there will be times i wont even need a gun with me and the field of view would be much lower correct?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
ive been deadset on a pair of goggles fora while because theres so many thing you can do with them besides shooting, as far as driveing, watching a wide open area, and so forth, my question is can you see through your aimpoint scopes and still see clearly to shoot as well as shooting anything in general, how hard is it to do while useing the goggles,

i feel like for a weapon mount the 14 is the better route but thats sch a narrow range of operaion, there will be times i wont even need a gun with me and the field of view would be much lower correct?

PVS-7 + M-68 CCO (Aimpoint) -> Mount the scope forward on the weapon (either on the handguard rail, or with a gooseneck) and position your rifle at a 45 degree angle (top towards you, pistol grip out - NBC fire position, for those familliar, 'half-gangster' for those not)...

Much better than trying to shoot thru irons with NVGs on...
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#2]
ok as long as everything will work like no glare or non-focus,

ive practiced fireing with irons and a NBC mask so this shouldn't be too bad, moveing my m68 to the forearm causes some concern but i doubt the whole gangster set-up will be that accurate anyway.

i'm still considering either option, i really want the goggles they just seem better for general use than holding one eye to a mono all the time with a limited field of view, i want to be able to see at night with a good angle of view and no zoom, but id also like to be able to shoot, of course i never thought i could just put an IR laser to mount on the gun.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:20:16 AM EDT
[#3]
An aimpoint with PVS-7's is far from ideal, even with the mounting system as described. Its way harder than shooting with NBC gear due to far more limited FOV you have. Its sort of doable, but if I were you and wanted some sort aimed fire capability I'd go for a pvs-14+aimpoint, or get an IR laser +either pvs-7's or 14's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top