Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/12/2002 10:03:14 AM EST
i just got a n.i.b. preban uzi model 45 semi-auto. the gun comes with the 16" barrel. i want to put a 10" barrel on it as that is the way it looks best. i asked my sister(atf employee)and she said i can't do it. she works in a different section and i'm pretty sure she is wrong and that i can do it. i think i have to do the same as if i want a full auto...form 4, $200 tax, fingerprint card, photo,cleo sign off. can anyone point me in the right direction on this? right or wrong, thanks to any and all that reply.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:35:49 AM EST
You're right, she's wrong.

Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:49:27 AM EST
Actually it would be a form 1, since you are making a new weapon (SBR). Same $200, same fingerprints, CLEO signoff, etc. Assuming that SBRs are legal where you live.

Basically, you're right and she's wrong, as stated above.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:56:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/12/2002 11:07:06 AM EST by SBR7_11]

Originally Posted By DevilsAdvocate:
You're right, she's wrong.


You both are wrong! You can SBR your Uzi. I did mine in '88. You will do a "Form-1" (To make and register firearm): www.titleii.com/pdf/NewF1.pdf, CLEO, pics, prints, and $200 tax.

I have mine in 9mm, and 45. had the 45 barrel cut and faced on a lathe. Get a suppressor (that transfers on a Form-4) from dealer, unless you make your own on a Form-1.

9mm w/out the can:

9mm w/can:

My post was supposed to be where yours is Ponyboy, I cant type that fast and add pics...
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 12:25:57 PM EST
looks like i'm good to go. can't thank you enough for the info. i'll print this short thread out to show my sister. now...how quickly can i find the overtime to pay for this little adventure?hmmmm.
Top Top