Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:23:03 PM EDT
anyone have a protech godson? what do you think of it? i've been thinking of getting one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:27:40 PM EDT
videoknife.com/auto-protech-godfather.html

It's a video link, so if you're 56K, run away or let it load. It's an online review of hte Godfather, which is the larger version.

I don't have one nor have I used one, so I can't really tell you either way.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:19:55 PM EDT
Get a Microtech auto instead. I have tried them both and the Micro are much better quality, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:01:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sunburn:
anyone have a protech godson? what do you think of it? i've been thinking of getting one.

I have a Godfather which is the larger model to the Godson. It's a well built and very quick auto...but it's not a very useful knife as far as general cutting goes. The dagger design isn't made for cutting but more for stabbing. Protech is a great company and they put out a good collecting knife [the Godfather/Godson] but if your looking for a all round service knife...I would go with a differnet knife like the Benchmade AFO or Microtech SOCOM.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:09:37 PM EDT
thanks for the replies. i'm mainly going carry it on duty/ off duty for something i can open quick if i need it. i've got another blade i carry for general use.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:01:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/1/2006 10:03:15 AM EDT by triburst1]
I love my Microtech Mini SOCOM Elite auto. It is a very sleek knife and very thin for an auto. The 3.5" clip point is a very useful blade shape and size. The materials are top notch with a Crucible 154CM blade and hard anodized milspec alumimun body. It comes with a razor sharp edge that is very toothy and really stays that way.

If you're really feeling froggy, there's always these.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:07:25 PM EDT
I have a collection of automatics with a number of microtechs and one protech.

Both brands are incredible knives, Stoner was right when describing the Protech (it is more for stabbing than cutting) but it has a great feel and is very well made.
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top