Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2007 11:14:13 PM EDT
I'm heading to the puyallup gunshow next weekend and had a couple questions that I was hoping some experienced enthusiasts could help me out with! First off I'm about to go get my Concealed permit tom. (which I hear in Washington is about as painless as 60$ and a fingerprinting. . ) So now is my real question. I have a remington 870 Magnum Express with a Tacstar side saddle and knoxx spec ops stock. I would like to sell this at the show. . or at least get some trade in value on a sig 226. How do I let vendors and others know that I have this gun for trade? Do I just walk around with it or what? Can I potentially sell it at a gunshow? I hear this is a common practice but I've only been to a couple localized (small) gunshows here in WA and not quite sure what the rules are. Hoping someone with experience could help me out. Thanks in advance! Micah
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What I've seen is people putting "flags" in the barrel and carrying the gun on a sling.

The flag says "for sale" and could list make, model, price, etc...

Also, you might want to check for any gunshow regulations.

Here in Oregon, you can sell a gun to your neighbor FTF, but if your neighbor wants to buy your gun at the show you have to do a 4473.  (Closing the "gunshow loophole")
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#2]
proper gun-show educate

Do you mean etiquette?

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#3]
First, you have to be a WAC member... then you need a sign on a dowel thats stuck in your gun barrel...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#4]
jeez, proper etiquette when selling a firearm at a gun show is to show up naked...thought everyone knew that.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:21:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
First, you have to be a WAC member... then you need a sign on a dowel thats stuck in your gun barrel...

This is correct. Additionally you can't bring the firearm inside until you are a member. Make sure you can secure it in your vehicle for a while as you will have to wait for the background check to come back before your membership is good. Admission price will be applied to membership. If you had your CPL already you wouldn't have to wait for the background check.

It would be good to get there at 0800 otherwise the lines at the membership tables get long. Probably will be especially long lines with renewal being necessary before the end of the year.

Look up the hometown forums, Washington is quite active here.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:34:50 AM EDT
[#6]
What the heck is WAC?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#7]
washington arms collector  wac
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#8]
That's messed up.
That is almost as bad as the Peoples Republik of Illinois

God Bless OKLAHOMA!  Home of the worlds largest gun show.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's messed up.
That is almost as bad as the Peoples Republik of Illinois

God Bless OKLAHOMA!  Home of the worlds largest gun show.

What's messed up?  Gun shows are not a political issue here.  Stringent self regulation has made even the liberals fairly comfortable with out shows.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#10]
They're not a political issue here either, but I don't need to join some self-policing organization to sell a gun at a show. self regulation is still regulation, and regulation is gun control.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are carrying it around, most will ask if you have it for sale.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Get there early.

After about 10:00 am the place will be packed.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#13]
yea sorry "educate" sorry don't know what I was thinking! ANYWAYS so what I'm hearing is that I can't sell or trade it (or even bring it in!?) without being a member of the WAC? I've heard this before but just wanted to confirm. (ALSO I have my concealed!)
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Correct. You are NOT going to get a longarm in the show without a membership.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top