Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2002 12:13:03 AM EDT
I have a couple of guys I work with that have pre 1994 mini 14's that they want to sell.  One is a stainless  and one blued, both are without bayonet lugs or flash supressors and are box stock.  The only accessories are maybe a couple of factory hicaps.  What are these critters worth in the real world?  I appreciate any info you guys can give.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
unless they are or were in a preban config pre crime bill then there not preban and would therefore be post ban. the mags would be worth about 75+ depending on size and condition
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless they are a GB model then they are worth about what any mini-14 is worth.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Unless they are a GB model then they are worth about what any mini-14 is worth.

Yep, there ain't no big to do about the Mini's made b4 sept. 1994.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw two used "pre-ban" Mini-14's at a local shop yesterday. Both were 186-series (1991-1992). Both were box-stock, one blued and the other stainless. The only price I remember was the stainless one for $425. Like the others have said, technically if they were not in AW configuration before the ban, you cannot legally add the "evil" features now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#5]
hmmmm, o.k. i have a question.
i bought a mini14 from duncan's customs (long since out of business) with a folding stock, flash hider and pistol grip in 1993
it is also a 186 series.

i ordered it from them like that. the only thing i ever added was hicaps, and i bought a wooden stock from my brother just to have after he got one of those damn fake folding stocks last year.
am i a criminal?
(edited cuz i am illiterate)
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
No, you're just partially retarded for getting a Mini instead of another AR  

I'm just kidding, but no as long as it was in AW configuration before the ban then you're OK.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, you're just partially retarded for getting a Mini instead of another AR  

I'm just kidding, but no as long as it was in AW configuration before the ban then you're OK.....

awww, come on.  hey, after the a-team who didn't want one, actually i'm  trading it for a AK, too many ar's already.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#8]
The A-Team is the ONLY reason anyone ever bought one them anyways! Gotta love Hannibal, Face, Murdock and BA!!!

The mini is a good plinker and such but its definitely not a combat firearm.....

EDITED: I forgot that Mexican guy that was on there for a season or two, what was his name, Franky or something?
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Right now, if I lived in Kali, the Mini would be the way to go.  It should would beat one of those weird AR configurations that you have to break open to load.  It is not banned because of it's LOOKS, which what all the bans are about anyway.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#10]
On the upside, the min is a really fun gun to beat the piss out of.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The GB model is the one that came with a flash suppressor, bayo lug, and folding pistol-grip stock from the factory.  These are worth $550-700, depending on condition.
-Troy

I've got an early GB model (180-081xx) with wood stock and handguard.  The metal is parkerized, which seems to be rare.   When my Dad gave it to me it had a laser sight mounted on it that was as large as a tactical scope and cost God knows how much.

Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
hmmmm, o.k. i have a question.
i bought a mini14 from duncan's customs (long since out of business) with a folding stock, flash hider and pistol grip in 1993
it is also a 186 series.

i ordered it from them like that. the only thing i ever added was hicaps, and i bought a wooden stock from my brother just to have after he got one of those damn fake folding stocks last year.
am i a criminal?
(edited cuz i am illiterate)

no becouse the gun was in preban config pre crime bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top