Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2002 4:54:59 PM EDT
i want to buy a preban bushmaster lower striped or complete i was wondering what i should aspect to pay? Also if anyone has 1 they want to sell please contact me
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure what the going price is but, if you plan to build it in a pre-ban configuration, you better be able to prove it was assembled into a complete rifle prior to the ban or else you will have to build it in a post ban configuration.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm not sure what the going price is but, if you plan to build it in a pre-ban configuration, you better be able to prove it was assembled into a complete rifle prior to the ban or else you will have to build it in a post ban configuration.

bla bla bla bla bla bla blee blee bla...bla

expect to pay $1200 or better.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's in 90% or better condition, it will likely be around $800-$900. Personally I wouldn't pay over $900 for a Bushy or Colt documented preban lower unless I had a lot of money to spare. Look around in the Equipment Exchange, you might find what you are looking for...              Equipment Exchange
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI

Unless they have changed their minds again, the BATF is of the opinion that transferring a pre-ban without it's evil features makes it a post-ban.

In other words, if you buy/sell a stripped pre-ban lower it becomes a post-ban in the eyes of the gummint.

It must be sold with a tele-stock to stay within the governments definition of a 'semiautomaticassaultweapon'.

Pistol grip + detachable mag + tele-stock = AW.

Forewarned is forearmed.

[edited because I don't know how to use the board codes]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#6]
What I've heard on this is all second hand. Does anyone have a link to/copy of the BATF letter?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy the complete AR15 from the present owner.
Sell him back the parts you don't want.
Install your new parts when you recieve the lower.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:23:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Actually, it must be sold/transferred as a *complete weapon in "assault weapon" configuration*, or BATF's opinion is that it no longer qualifies for the pre-ban exemption to the ban.

-Troy

That is the dumbest goddamned thing I have ever heard.  Not your post, Troy, but the BATF "opinion".  They're the ones who dictate that the serial numbered part **IS** the weapon in the first place, then try to say that you can "un-pre-ban" it by taking a part off and selling it?  How about selling a pre flat top without the carry handle - not complete?  

Thank you, BATF, for being one of the biggest reasons I love my country, but fear my government.  Now you fellows get back to the airport and keep those 2" long plastic GI Joe guns off of our nation's airliners....
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#10]
So if I take the upper off my preban Bushmaster lower, for cleaning, then it is no longer considered preban by the ATF? (halfway kidding here, this is getting crazy)
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#13]
     I think if someone wants to argue this one they can by comparing it with NFA laws.
    Buy an M16 lower, take all the parts and sear out and replace with semi-auto parts and leave the sear out.     It is still a machine gun.     Like the ATF says "once a machine always a machine gun."
    I don't see how you can have it both ways.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#14]
WTF!!!

You know this is the kinda shit that just makes me want to strangle someone!And proves the BATF is the most useless,unlawfull organinization full of assholes in this country.

So now instead of dealing with written law,we are subject to "opinion"!
Once a "pre-ban",change some parts,and it magically(according to some assclown's opinion)changes itself into a "postban"?

FUCK THEM!

Sorry bout the foul mouth,but whats with all this jerking people around,you couldn't follow the law no matter how hard you try to stay outta jail with these jaggoffs enforcing their opinions.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top